SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Other Ford Trucks
1996 F150 Overdrive Light Blinking - Driving Me Crazy!!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 833
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
pdmoney
• rocky point, NY, USA
• Registered on 12/16/2009
• 8 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:11/30/2014 14:48
5.8l, E4OD, rebuilt by a shop about 18 months and 12000 miles. I rarely use the overdrive off button. I was cruising highway speed the other day and hit the button to get it to downshift. About 5 miles later it started blinking. It resets when engine is shut off and then starts blinking again when I get warmed up and cruise over about 35 mph. Just for kicks today I drove for about 7 miles in 2nd gear and it never blinked but when I put it in D it started blinking. It's never happened prior to this. I read a bunch of forum posts and there certainly seems to be a wide variety of thoughts about it but none are definitive. Everything seems to shift and drive properly. I took it to the shop that rebuilt it and he could not access the ecu for some reason using his snap on Solus Ultra scanner. We test drove it and all is working properly except for the light blink. He was not sure what to do. He wants me to drive it for a while to se if any codes get set and he will try rescanng it. Any thoughts on why he would not be able to access ecu or what might make the light blink? I know there has got to be an E4OD expert out there hiding in the bushes with the answer. Can we flush him or her out before I go insane from a light blinking in my face like an old VCR saying 12:00...... 12:00......12:00......12:00....... I already ruled out black tape, thanks!
BigDangFord
• Chandler, AZ, USA
• Registered on 3/11/2015
• 42 posts
Posted:4/19/2015 15:29
the ecu is acessable but you have to rig the pin connections . if he didnt do it the first time, he cant do it at all unless he jumper wires the pins. go to a ford dealer, probably has an adaptor already made.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Other Ford Trucks
1996 F150 Overdrive Light Blinking - Driving Me Crazy!!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 833
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog