SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
blown fuse #1
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 302
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
73cougarman
• tomah, WI, USA
• Registered on 11/9/2013
• 1 post
Posted:12/16/2014 12:11
i have a 98 mercury grand marquis 4.6 keeps blowing fuse #1 i start by explaining was happening first off . if radio is on or off aftermarket radio /cd player , i can hear static coming from the rear speakers. with ignition.switch to run position. radio would not play just static . So i started checking out what all affects the fuse, then i started with the easiest thing to access which was the brake light switch.as i was wiggling the plug adapter and switch the radio display brighten up and started playing good no static. so i replaced with new brake switch, same thing again .so i took out the aftermarket radio completely. and still blows fuse #1. as doing some searching i understand the fuse runs according to manual , multi- function switch bpp (brake pressure position switch) and speed control and as knowing these things i know the wiring also goes through the lighting module . and others also i have disconnected the cig. lighter and i was having this problem before i disconnected the cig lighter. so i was wondering if someone had this problem or know what cause of it is .. hate to spend money on parts not needed. thanks
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
blown fuse #1
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 302
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog