SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
overheat/fan not working
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 270
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
06P71Merc
• Indianapolis, IN, USA
• Registered on 11/19/2014
• 8 posts
Posted:1/12/2015 17:47
okay so a couple of nights ago I had my P 71 idling for about an hour the longest I have had a title since I have owned it and I looked down and it was almost to the red so I instantly shut it off and let it cool off I noticed that the fan wasn't running so after it cooled off I took it down the highway and the temperature gauge would go from about a quarter to half way up and it kept fluctuating so I change the thermostat... so I change the thermostat and now with my scanner hooked up it never goes above 188 according to scan tool....found that the fan is locked up but figure since it's 10 degrees out I'll wait until it warms up...my concern is after chaging thermostat im getting a smell/steam from under hood but no overheat...any ideas? No coolant in oil and no smell from exhaust
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
overheat/fan not working
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 270
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog