SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
New smell after installing EGR tube
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 381
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
royalblueblood
• Springfield, IL, USA
• Registered on 11/14/2014
• 4 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/22/2015 10:54
My first post here, so the answer may be out here and I haven't found it yet.
My 2004 Crown Vic needed a new EGR tube (broken midway). I replaced it with a Dorman, not a Motorcraft. Since then, the smell of exhaust fumes has changed to a subtle but definite smell -- not of exhaust but ..??? Not antifreeze, not oil, just a different smell. Has anyone had an experience like this and if so, what should I do? Go with Motorcraft? Thanks from a newbie!
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:1/22/2015 13:45
How long has the tube been on and does it have the heat protective wrap on it?
Do you see anything coming out at any of the connections?
edited 1/22/2015 13:46
royalblueblood
• Springfield, IL, USA
• Registered on 11/14/2014
• 4 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/22/2015 14:43
Thank you for your questions. The replacement tube (Dorman) I put on six weeks ago. The smell has been since, although intermittent --- I can't find a pattern except it does emit the smell only after the engine is a full temperature. I've looked to see any vapors at either end -- the EGR end and at the catalytic/exhaust manifold end. Just today, though, I did discover the location of the smell was coming from the exhaust manifold end. I can't be too specific because I can get only go so far into it (brake lines, others 'obstructions' to pinpointing the exact area).

I have read other posts about replacing this tube with aftermarket on Crown Vics and there's been no mention about odors, except one. There were only two responses and it was written off as a new product. Six weeks and 1500 miles should be more than a break-in period.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
New smell after installing EGR tube
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 381
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog