SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
Collant Flush. When is it a good time to do it. 09' with 94k on her.
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 455
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
zacattack1
• Imperial Beach, CA, USA
• Registered on 4/21/2015
• 5 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/21/2015 08:49
Just purchased an 09' P71 ex Border Patrol P71. Which is in excellent shape. All fluids are clear. Runs and drives like a dream. The car only has 94k. Regarding how long coolant lasts. Maybe its time to change it myself. Or not? Any way to check, vizually maybe?
jdmeaux
• Lafayette, LA, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2009
• 525 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/22/2015 05:50
With all the fluids appearing clean and new, they may have just serviced the vehicle before you got it. That means nothing. What is important is how YOU take care of the vehicle.

If the Owners Manual is in the car, read it and look at the maintenance section. Follow the prescribed intervals (miles) for changing different fluids and parts, and you should be okay.

I now have 191,875 miles on my P71. And she still purrs and growls.

PROUD MEMBER of www.crownvic.net

It's just a SUPER-DUTY Mustang GT Sedan. 198K miles and still rolling HARD.

1997 Crown Victoria P71 SVT *** ex-US Marshall service (the CAR)
STOCK?? I bet it was modified.

13.26 @ 107.24 MPH 1/4 mi w/ me, tools, & full tank of 93 octane

I added CAI, NICHE 19 X 8.5 " wheels with 245/45ZR 19 rubbers, and completely rebuilt the front end with poly bushings, Kooks headers, 2 1/4inch exhaust, TCI 2200-2400 rpm Stall converter

.PLANS:: engine upgrade, 5.4L 2v stroker, rebuild interior in leather w/ buckets, thinking about turbos

zacattack1
• Imperial Beach, CA, USA
• Registered on 4/21/2015
• 5 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/22/2015 06:49
Thanks for the feed back. Since there is no radiator cap. Looks like I can only peeps at the coolant fluid in the resevoir. The coolant color is bright green. So that is a good sign. And under the hood. Looks like it came straight out of the factory. Super clean. While driving this car in my home town/city San DIego. People stop at stop sighs when I roll up. And not a tail gaiter in site. lol Best car I've ever had. Thanks again jdmeaux.
Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
Collant Flush. When is it a good time to do it. 09' with 94k on her.
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 455
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog