SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
NEWBEE 03 crown vic fluid question
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 550
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
CROWNVICTODD
• toronto, XX, Canada
• Registered on 1/30/2016
• 5 posts
Posted:1/30/2016 18:45
Hello Everybody! Just got a mint CV from my grandfather and have some questions. I would like to change the trans fluid to AMSOIL and was wondering if I need to flush out the old stuff or can I mix the two together. I want to change the filter and what ever fluid comes out then I would replace. Also want to buy a new pan with a drain and a new diff cover with a drain, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Todd
jdmeaux
• Lafayette, LA, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2009
• 525 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/31/2016 07:43
The problem with a trans flush is that ANY small metal particles can get dislodged and clog some small passages. Most people and mechanics will mix the two. If the trans had been rebuilt, then you wouldn't have to worry about a flush. Some converters do have a drain plug, which make it easier when trying to clean out as much as possible of the old fluid.

Ford used to offer a trans cover with a drain plug, but no one seems to have one. You will have to go to the aftermarket to find one with a drain. And the same with the diff cover.

PROUD MEMBER of www.crownvic.net

It's just a SUPER-DUTY Mustang GT Sedan. 198K miles and still rolling HARD.

1997 Crown Victoria P71 SVT *** ex-US Marshall service (the CAR)
STOCK?? I bet it was modified.

13.26 @ 107.24 MPH 1/4 mi w/ me, tools, & full tank of 93 octane

I added CAI, NICHE 19 X 8.5 " wheels with 245/45ZR 19 rubbers, and completely rebuilt the front end with poly bushings, Kooks headers, 2 1/4inch exhaust, TCI 2200-2400 rpm Stall converter

.PLANS:: engine upgrade, 5.4L 2v stroker, rebuild interior in leather w/ buckets, thinking about turbos

CROWNVICTODD
• toronto, XX, Canada
• Registered on 1/30/2016
• 5 posts
Posted:1/31/2016 19:20
Thanks for the response! The trans is original. Any recommendations on some headlight bulb replacements? Man, they are NOT bright, last car had HIDS.
Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
NEWBEE 03 crown vic fluid question
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 550
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog