SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Car Audio
2006 crown Victoria P71
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 6441
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
jaysond81
• dublin, CA, USA
• Registered on 3/13/2012
• 3 posts
Posted:3/14/2012 09:23
i was told to ask you all this question here in car audio!

check engine light is on, the code is P1633 Keep Alive Voltage Low.

i had a ford tech look at it on his day off. he was able to trouble shoot from the battery all the way to the firewall and no issues with power/cables/corrosion, ect. from the firewall to the PCM he said the wire changed colors so he didnt go further, we ran out of time. he suggested that i take it to the dealer and have it hooked up to the "big" computer. not sure what that means.

NOW, i have a brand new battery and alternator and the only thing i have done to the car since i got it was put in a new stereo. i do recall the light coming on right around the time i put the new radio in but i cant say if it was before or after. i just cant remember but it was right around the same time. ive read online it could be the PCM but the ford tech who was working on it said if my PCM was bad i would have other problems and other codes.

I used a sorche wire harness (bought at walmart) and it looks like i grounded a few wires together that should have been grounded to the chassis. not sure if that caused the problem but the ford tech told me that "in some rare" occasions something about a CAM BUS could loop through the stereo? i have no idea what that means? any thoughts?
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:3/20/2012 16:41
I had the same code on my '05 and it was an easy fix once I got everything together. You need to find the diagrams for pinouts going into the PCM(they could be different from '05 and the fusebox under the hood(should be in the owners manual). I tested the voltage where KAM power goes into the PCM and got zero voltage(should be hot at all times) so I ran a new wire from the correct fuse in the fuse box to about 6" from the PCM harness plug.
This is the fuse box in my '05, the circled fuse is for KAM
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/hondaclf/05%20Vic%20Exterior/Computer/367186031_photobucket_55757_-1.jpg
This is the middle plug going into the PCM on my '05, the KAM wire goes into here, circled in red.
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/hondaclf/05%20Vic%20Exterior/Computer/RedarrowtoKAM.jpg
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/hondaclf/05%20Vic%20Exterior/Computer/RedWhite.jpg

Again, get the PCM pinout for your car to make sure it's the same so you don't wind up frying the computer.
edited 3/20/2012 16:42
rista44
• bogor, KY, Zambia
• Registered on 11/25/2014
• 5 posts
Posted:11/25/2014 23:20

All you are doing is correct, and I think it's all been pretty good. I also will do like your idea above

Jasakirimmobilmurah.com | Sewa Mobil di Belitung
Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Car Audio
2006 crown Victoria P71
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 6441
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog