SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
Problems 5.8L 1993
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 2316
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Robert Moretine
• Leavenworth, KS, USA
• Registered on 12/18/2012
• 2 posts
Posted:12/18/2012 20:13
I have recently purchased a 93 Bronco. It is in good shape for its age minor rust and if I could only get it to run right it would be a great vehicle. It has a 351 in it and as of right now when it starts cold it starts right up just idles a little rough. The warmer it gets the idle is sometimes worse and sometimes good. While driving out on the highway it does fine unless I need to grab a passing gear. Like wise while taking off from a light it does the same as long as I don\\\\\\\\'t need to get going in a hurry it seems to do fine some times others it seems to dog out and fall over itself. Also when coming to a stop light have to shift to neutral and keep throttling it so it doesn\\\\\\\\'t die, if it does die its a pain to get started again, I have to keep pressing the throttle til if finally starts. When at idle if I give it full throttle it throws out a large amount of black smoke, also while driving it there is a bad fuel smell and same with the black smoke. Before spending large amounts of money just throwing things at the problem, I was hoping to hear some insight from a few of you hoping someone might have had the same problem. I know the black smoke is too much fuel but not sure the reason why, the truck has 175000 on it and everything works good other than the way it runs, tranny shifts good. I was thinking maybe the MAF or possibly the TPS and some o2 sensors but I am not sure and help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Guys
Jameson2
• linyui, IA, U.S. Virgin Islands
• Registered on 3/16/2014
• 1 post
Posted:3/16/2014 18:46
The blower is really just a fan to blow the gas away before you start the engine so it doesn't blow up, With the motor making noise then going away I wouldn't care to much about that it just needs to warm up old motors do that.
OBD2 Code Scanner
edited 3/16/2014 18:47
dani11
• aceh, MO, Uruguay
• Registered on 9/11/2014
• 10 posts
Posted:9/12/2014 20:56
What happens if we do not use the vehicle blower? Please give your opinion

Apple Shop Indonesia | Jual Gudang Di Surabaya
BRONCO_BUSTER56
• Arlington, WA, USA
• Registered on 9/29/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:9/30/2014 06:06
It sounds like the fuel pressure regulator might be having issues. Do you have any means of testing your fuel pressure?
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
Problems 5.8L 1993
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 2316
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog