SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Need your expert advice
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 422
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
dogismyth
• sacramento, CA, USA
• Registered on 4/11/2014
• 1 post
Posted:4/11/2014 19:42
My son wants to purchase a Crown Vic (yes, he does have good taste). Here's the info:

Ford 2008 "P71" Police Interceptor Crown Victoria. Was a FBI undercover vehicle and currently has only 44,500 miles. High Output 4.6 liter with variable stall speed automatic transmission. Very few of these out there without high mileage and containing the front window hand lights. Tan metal flake paint is excellent and Black/Grey interior shows no wear. Has power windows and locks, A/C, Cruise Control, Cloth Bucket Seats, High Speed Wide Tires, and Tinted Windows All Around. Excellent condition. $11, 500.00 or best offer.

I told him its priced to high (by about 1,500) and that a former PI vehicle may have been driven excessively. Well....heck....I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about them. You guys are the only ones that can help me with this? Is this a good deal? Is it a good car for my son? He's gonna be 20 soon.

Thanks.
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:4/12/2014 16:54
In order to give any information regarding good or bad pricing, it's kind of important to see it.
Every P71 was an administrative car, never in pursuit, etc. if you read the ads.

The FBI cars that I've seen are VERY well cared for and look fantastic, if this part can be verified then go for it for maybe $7k.
You can get a nice low mileage LX or Sport for that kind of money, even Marauders and Town Cars can be had for that $11k.
MyFordAgainstYourHonda
• South Florida, FL, USA
• Registered on 9/9/2012
• 26 posts
Posted:4/21/2014 18:48
You're better off buying one cheaper from a police agency with 90,000-105,000 miles from auction or a private seller for way cheaper. With these cars it's not the mileage I've seen that matters it's the vehicle idle hours. 2006-2011 has a digital odometer where you can find the amount of hours that a vehicle has been in park. In the ford fleet manual it says each hour of idling is equal to 33 miles of driving. So think about that when you find a car and see dog hair under the seats, look at the hours and you'll know it was a K-9 car by the 10,000 idle hours. I agree with the previous poster that an LX sport or marauder is worth the high price tag. You can pick up an 06 for $4,000-$5,000 that will last you forever. Good luck.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Need your expert advice
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 422
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog