SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > SUV
gas mileage of the excursion 5,4 v8
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 2451
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
vinzenz
• Stemwede, XX, Germany
• Registered on 5/21/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:5/21/2014 16:37
Hello,

Im thinking of buying a 04-05 Ford excursion 5,4l v8 cause i need the space for my dogs and prefer the look instead of an AWD van from Chevy or a quigley conversion from an e-series van(too expensive).
I dont want to use it for towing,just for holiday trips and visiting family and friends in different City.
I only do around 6000 miles per year with the big car cause of the worse gasoline prices here in germany.

I would like to know the gas mileage i could expect from this combination compared to my current vehicle a 98 Chevrolet tahoe.

With the tahoe i have around 18 MPG on the Autobahn at a speed of 70-80 mph faster i never drive faster with the big one.

Is the excursion 5,4l v8 on nearly the same MPG level or is it much worse than the tahoe?

I mean a little more is OK cause its heavier but when gas mileage is at 9-10 mpg on highway then i would stay way from the excursion.
Thats why i never consider the v10 cause its to expensive here in taxes,insurance and gasoline consumption.

May be you can help me with my decision.

Best regards
Vinzenz
MountainWestDiesel
• Mountain West, WY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2011
• 95 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/21/2014 19:24
Vinzenz,
I drive the 6.0L PSD version (2005) but my friends report 13-18MPGā€¦ with 15MPG being average. That being said, they keep their beast tuned up, and the tires inflated properly.
buttnakedbronco
• colerain, OH, USA
• Registered on 8/15/2006
• 6 posts
3 Vehicles
Posted:1/7/2015 16:47
type in GOOGLE ..... 5.4 triton blown plug. NO! dont buy used 5.4.... i was quoted $2300 dollars to repair. MY friend (28 year ASE certified Ford mechanic) said its a common problem Ford wont fix.... He did it in an hour charged me $120......that included $80 dollar coil pack. SCARY PART WAS HE HAD TO DO IT 3 TIMES TO THIS ENGINE!
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > SUV
gas mileage of the excursion 5,4 v8
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 2451
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog