SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
97 Crown Vic Battery Indicator Light Problem...
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 356
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
CrazyCajun
• Picayune, MS, USA
• Registered on 7/12/2014
• 6 posts
Posted:7/12/2014 09:02
Here's what happened and what I have done so far...
I changed Breather Cover out cause the sensor cover was broken on it (wasn't really having issues at that time) a few weeks later Alternator got fried cause the negative terminal was loose and I didn't know it (no idea how long I been driving it like that), changed the alternator to find out the battery was also fried as well... battery that was in it was Autocraft 65-2 850 CCA... didn't have time to get back to Auto Parts for new one at the time so I put my Autocraft Marine Battery in it, which is a 650 CCA, all run fine except the light, after the car sat for the night the light would come on, once I drove it about a mile or two down the road it would go off... Drove it like this for about a week and fuel pump went out so I changed that and got the right battery same as Original, changed the cables, terminals and all fuses and relays... Still have the Indicator Light Issue... It comes on if the car sits for a while and goes out once I drive it... Had Charging system checked twice by two different auto parts and both machines showed my system is charging normal...

Test Show:

EXP Decision Results: Voltage 12.00V, Measured 819 CCA, Rated 850 CCA, Temperature 117deg F "Battery Meets or Exceeds Industry Specs."

Starter Test:
Cranking Normal, Voltage 11.20V, Amps 335.4A, Time 546mS

Charging System Test:
NO PROBLEMS
NO LOAD 13.90V, 79.4A
LOADED 13.48V, 44.6A
0.24V RIPPLE 122mV -0.24V
Charging System Output Test Normal

Everything seems to be running fine but that light drives me crazy... Any Suggestion as to where to look?
edited 7/12/2014 09:54
SamHouston
• Houston, TX, USA
• Registered on 6/14/2014
• 8 posts
Posted:7/25/2014 06:49
Quote:
Starter Test:
Cranking Normal, Voltage 11.20V, Amps 335.4A, Time 546mS

Charging System Test:
NO PROBLEMS
NO LOAD 13.90V, 79.4A
LOADED 13.48V, 44.6A
0.24V RIPPLE 122mV -0.24V
Charging System Output Test Normal

I am curious. What is the exact tool/equiment used for the above two tests, Starter and Charging System? Those are the data I am looking for for my other cars. Thanks in advance for the info and links.

I am confused by the NO LOAD test also. How is it possible for the alternator to output 79.4A when there is no load? Is it a typo? 0.794A or less would be more logical. But may be I am missing something.
edited 7/25/2014 07:14
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
97 Crown Vic Battery Indicator Light Problem...
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 356
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog