SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
What is your battery current draw (or power consumption) when the engine is off?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 275
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
SamHouston
• Houston, TX, USA
• Registered on 6/14/2014
• 8 posts
Posted:8/1/2014 07:26
I just did a test on the battery draw when the engine is off. 2005 Grand Marquis GS.

0.17A at 12.6V. That's 2.1W. That's high in my opinion. I was expecting around 0.10A (1.6W) or less.

What is the exact draw on your CV, GM or TC? Thanks in advance for the data.

danielgk
• Ramsey, MN, USA
• Registered on 8/1/2014
• 3 posts
Posted:8/3/2014 17:39
Just tested my 2011 Crown Vic. 215 ma (0.215 amps). This seems high to me also. This was a few minutes after shutting the door and letting the dome lights go out. I suspect it may get less if the car sits idle for a long period of time (hours).

It does not surprise me, however, that a 2011 draws more than a 2005...they seem to be putting more and more electronics in newer cars, whether you want it or not.

Dan
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
What is your battery current draw (or power consumption) when the engine is off?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 275
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog