SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Wheel help! Smoothies/steelies on newer Grand Marquis or Crown Victoria
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 668
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Faircloth
• Dallas , TX, USA
• Registered on 8/5/2014
• 7 posts
Posted:8/5/2014 23:30
So I picked up a set of vintiques smoothies on craigslist for my 2004 Grand Marquis. They're 16 x 7, 5 on 4.5 so I thought I was good but surprise surprise the caliper rubs on the inside front! A know I could get spacers but I have no experience with them. My question is if I get hub centric spacers will the hub fit properly with these old style rims? Does anyone have experience running old steelies or smoothies on a newer Grand Marquis or Crown Vic? They'll look super slick but I of corse don't want to do anything unsafe of damaging to my car. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Wulff
• Mesa, AZ, USA
• Registered on 6/17/2014
• 10 posts
Posted:8/21/2014 11:05
Are you sure the wheels are 16"? It sounds like 15's. I would think the 16's would clear.
If we lived closer I would gladly sell you my 2009 17's steelies and dog-dishes to each his own, I hate the look of the black rims, I am putting 18" Mustang GT wheels on and will be putting my steelies on Craigslist soon.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Wheel help! Smoothies/steelies on newer Grand Marquis or Crown Victoria
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 668
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog