Crownvic.net Readers Rides Forums

cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Cylinder Misfire
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 691
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
sonar_91
• El Cajon, CA, USA
• Registered on 1/20/2008
• 9 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:11/16/2010 15:30
OK folks, there may already be a solution to my problem posted. If there is, please send me a link to it. My \\\\\\\\\\\\'02 GM recently started to misfire (Sunday, to be exact) I bought a code reader and it pulled the codes for cylinders 7 and 8 misfire. (I had this problem once before at about 50K mi. and dealer said it was a spark plug problem. I now have 108K on the car, spark plugs replaced 6K mi ago) My downstairs neighbor says I might have a blown head gasket. We erased the codes, and started the car, of course, no codes popped (the car was cold). Could this be a fluke?

Update: Replaced the coil pack and warmed the car up to normal operating temps ,drove around town and on the freeway. It is now popping a code for a misfire on the #6 cylinder.

Close only counts in horseshoes, handgrenades, and nuclear bombs
edited 11/17/2010 09:34
00Marquis
• Pisgah Forest, NC, USA
• Registered on 7/10/2011
• 3 posts
Posted:7/14/2011 20:18
I had a similar problem on mine, i'd check around the boots for oil, on my the back of the valve cover, it started leaking oil, and it took out one of my cylinders. If that is the problem, then clean it up around the area, replace the coil(s) and spark plug(s), and start adding Lucas oil additive to it, it sealed up my leak, and i haven't had the problem since

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
- Dual H-Pipe Cat back flowmaster 40 series
- AFE cold air intake
- A-Pillar Gauges
cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Cylinder Misfire
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 691
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog