Crownvic.net Readers Rides Forums

cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
2006 CVPI Lighting issues. LCM
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 554
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
eammann
• Woodbranch, TX, USA
• Registered on 1/20/2011
• 1 post
Posted:1/20/2011 06:21
I have recently obtained a 06 PI that has some lighting issues. The first is that the ABS light came on and will not go off. The I P Brake light comes on after driving for 15-20 miles but resets with the on/off of the ign switch. Yesterday driving home from work all of the idiot lights came on on the instument panel seat belt,door wrench abs ip brake etc and the spedo, tach and temp gauges went to zero. The gas gauge was the only thing that appeared to be working properly. Connecting a OBD2 tool shows no errors and the car runs fine. Today on the way in from work I still had the ABS light constant and then the IP Brake light ater 15-20 miles. But after parking and shuting off the engine the odometer has - - - - -mi displayed and stays on and the dome light stays on. I removed the bulb from the dome light and went in to work after checking the dash switch. Also the heater/ac blower motor keeps running after ign off. Could a faulty Lighting control module cause all of these issues? Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
RCMPP71
• Edmonton, XX, Canada
• Registered on 4/20/2011
• 1 post
Posted:5/7/2011 20:09
As for the ABS light, I have the same problem with my 07 P71. The mechanics told that the brake calper sticks from time time. I found that it does not effect braking so I have not bother with it.
honeysada
• Long Beach, CA, USA
• Registered on 4/7/2011
• 3 posts
Posted:5/12/2011 22:09
I dont think LCM controls instrumental panel, but it could mess things up.
I had my LCM repaired and solved my crown vic light problem, was no lights, no flashers, no turn lights, no headlights, no tailgate lights... I have noticed that as soon as I disconected LCM electr plugs, ABS light went on, so it could be LCM problem.
Only thing I am not sure why ac/heater stays on, this could be ignition key problem.
cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
2006 CVPI Lighting issues. LCM
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 554
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog