Crownvic.net Readers Rides Forums

cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
cylinder 8 misfire
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 810
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
usedploicecars
• boston, MA, USA
• Registered on 9/25/2012
• 1 post
Posted:9/25/2012 11:24
i have a 06 cvpi 4.6 w engine code. number 8 has a misfire that wont go away. i have replaced all the plugged, moved the coils around, moved the injector from 8 to 5, i have 135 pounds of compression. checked the wiring on the coil and the injector, and even replaced the computer
Beldold
• Ohio, OH, USA
• Registered on 10/24/2012
• 7 posts
Posted:10/26/2012 00:21
Quote:
i have a 06 cvpi 4.6 w engine code. number 8 has a misfire that clicking here wont go away. i have replaced all the plugged, moved the coils around, moved the injector from 8 to 5, i have 135 pounds of compression. checked the wiring on the coil and the injector, and even replaced the computer

So where lies the problem?
edited 10/26/2012 23:51
MesaCVLXS
• Mesa, AZ, USA
• Registered on 12/8/2012
• 13 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:2/23/2013 17:51
Have you bothered to check for a vacuum leak? If you have access to an engine analyzer that has a exhuast gas analyzer, look at the H/C and CO readings. High HC and low CO is indicative of a vacuum leak. If you don't have access to one or can't afford to take it to a shop, get some O2 sensor safe carb cleaner, and while the engine is running, try spraying it around the misifiring cylinder area of the intake. If the engine smooths out, it may indicate that you have a defective intake manifold, and or bad intake manifold gaskets.
cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
cylinder 8 misfire
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 810
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog