Crownvic.net Readers Rides Forums

cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Hi I'm new Can I pick some Fellow CV owners Brains?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 705
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Omegamaximas
• Renton, WA, USA
• Registered on 3/26/2013
• 2 posts
Posted:3/26/2013 10:59
Hey!
I just acquired a 1984 LTD Crown Victoria LTD 2 Door With 58k orig miles.
So far the only issues with the car was the heater core. Did that last weekend..
Blower motor. Next quick fix old one still works just hums...
Driver side door window will go down but not up you can hear the motor turning in the door just not moving the window can someone help.. I took the screw out of the window switch the one from the mirror adjustment were else is this door panel attached. I can’t get the dang thing off. I love this car eventually i want to do a big of performance oriented just to make it a little less of a slug :-)

Anyways Looking forward to Meeting other CV owners! :-)
I don’t want to Put 22's or anything like that on it. The car is mint I will do some tint and a stereo for when I’m around town but I want to keep her looking like Orig vehicle no thug life for me
edited 3/26/2013 13:25
MesaCVLXS
• Mesa, AZ, USA
• Registered on 12/8/2012
• 13 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:3/26/2013 16:45
The Power Widow Gear is rebuildable and actually quite easy to do. Remove the power window motor, then remove the bolts holding the gear cover plate over the motor housing, remove the old gear. When you install the new gear unit, be sure to but a liberal amount of FORD wheel bearing grease in the housing, then install the gear. Reassemble and that should do the trick. The new gear kit may or may not come with the grease.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/VDO0/WL33000/01199.oap?year=1984&make=Ford&model=LTD&vi=1131556&ck=Search_power+window+motor+gear+kit_1131556_2896&keyword=power+window+motor+gear+kit
cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Hi I'm new Can I pick some Fellow CV owners Brains?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 705
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog