Crownvic.net Readers Rides Forums

cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Power Steering Issue
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 1094
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
TheLaMereFish
• Minneapolis, MN, USA
• Registered on 1/10/2014
• 1 post
Posted:1/30/2014 19:07
I just purchased a 2008 CVPI and have noticed lately that my power steering is kind of wonky. When parked, or not moving in gear, the wheel is nearly impossible to turn. As soon as I touch the accelerator, the steering loosens right up and it\\'s just fine. Does anyone know what could cause this issue? If the car is rolling and or under any sort of acceleration the steering is just fine.

I read or heard someplace that there is a speed sensor in these cars that adjusts the firmness of the steering as you go faster (like most cars do this) and that might be broken or working incorrectly. Or I could just be on the verge of a power steering pump replacement (which is fine). Or it could be something more sinister like the rack and pinion going bad. I don\\'t know what to think at this point. The car is completely usable since I don\\'t sit still and turn the wheel that much.

Anyone out there able to help me.?
dbmcd
• Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Registered on 10/12/2001
• 69 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:2/4/2014 20:56
Sounds like the pump can not keep up. When you give it more RPM it spins faster and works ok. Seems like the pump, but I am no pump guy.
Th1rt3eN
• Portland, ME, USA
• Registered on 3/31/2012
• 7 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:3/17/2014 07:51
It's most likely your power steering pump, is their fluid in the reservoir? Recently (like 4 months ago) Ford issued a recall on all vics 2005 and after for the lower steering linkage,they are failing due to rust corrosion . you may want to check your steering linkage, if it's hanging by a thread it could fail at any moment and cause you to wreak . Ford ill fix it for free just hit up your local Ford dealer.
cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Power Steering Issue
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 1094
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog