FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Seats fold down? Move? 2000 Excursion Limited
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 5970
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
cnherrick
• Waelder, TX, USA
• Registered on 9/22/2015
• 2 posts
Posted:9/22/2015 10:37
Can you move the middle row of seats forward or back on a 2000 Ex?

Can you fold down the 3rd row of seats on a 2000 Ex?
WesTausend
• Bismarck, ND, USA
• Registered on 4/11/2009
• 11 posts
Posted:9/23/2015 11:24
cnherrick,

I own a 2000 Excursion 6.8L V10 and a 2000 4dr F-250 XLT 7.3L diesel.

The middle row of seats on the Ex move in two ways. The 2nd row seatbacks lean ahead and then the entire seat auto-travels forward to make 3rd row entry easier, or by a different lever, the seatbacks flip down to make a continuous 8'+ level deck from the rear all the way up to, and behind the front seats.

The third row seats sit attop the rear deck and fold sandwich-like to make a additional storage shelf above the rear deck, or they are entirely removable so that the rear deck is clear, level and longer than 8' all the way from front to back.

FYI, the Ex frame, therefore the wheelbase, is the same length as the F series extra-cab. If the front seats are buckets with a console in between, they hold comfortably 8 passengers. If split bench, 9 passengers. They have significantly more leg room than a similarly equipped Suburban and all are 3/4 ton with the same huge frame and axles as the F-250, 350 and some 450 pick-ups. The 1/2 ton Ford SUV's are called Expeditions and are still a bit larger than the GM SUVs.

Wes
edited 9/23/2015 11:27
cnherrick
• Waelder, TX, USA
• Registered on 9/22/2015
• 2 posts
Posted:9/23/2015 11:34

Thanks Wes,
I've been able to get the backs of the middle-row seats to lean forward but the seats themselves are not auto-rolling forward. I'll have to get this working. I am able to fold out the middle-row seats flat to get the cargo space as you describe.

Also, I've not been able to get the back of the third-row seat to sandwich / lay down. I'm hesitant to pull out the third-row seats because I worry about difficulty getting them back in.
WesTausend
• Bismarck, ND, USA
• Registered on 4/11/2009
• 11 posts
Posted:9/29/2015 14:51
cnherrick,

You are welcome.

The middle-row seats only roll forward when the seat back is leaned firmly forward and additional pressure applied. They may need some lube for smoothest auto-operation, although I have not had to lube mine.

The third-row seats sandwich / lay down when the lever is depressed. The lever is somewhat hidden down behind the passenger side rear base. You should be able to see it from the hatch area looking forward.

If I recall, pulling out the third-row seats is not too much of a problem and they are not too difficult to get back in. After I did it once, I never did again because not too much is gained with them out. The raised sandwich shelf is nearly as useful for storage as having them removed. We often camped with two other couples and the extra passenger seating was handy to have along, plus storing the loose seat somewhere else was a nuisance.

Wes
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Seats fold down? Move? 2000 Excursion Limited
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 5970
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog