FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
excursion noise at 55 mph
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 927
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
DEATHWALKER999
• TOLEDO, OH, USA
• Registered on 8/28/2016
• 2 posts
Posted:8/28/2016 23:32
I am going 55 mph. Almost coasting. Foot slightly on gas. I take foot off gas and a resonating noise occurs, then goes away. If I play the gas pedal between no gas and a tiny bit of gas I can get the noise to come and go. What could this be?

I thought it might have to do with air intake so I changed IAC valve. This did not help. I thought this because I read threads on honking or resonating iac valves.

I also thought it might be related to drivetrain, since adding or taking away power causes the noise. Could it be a pinion gear with the wrong backlash. I recently installed a new pinion seal. Maybe I tightened the lock nut to tight or not tight enough. It is a tricky setting using an old fashioned torque wrench (watching how much torque it takes to turn the shaft). Could this be possible? (unfortunately I had a bad exhaust manifold gasket at the time I did the seal and therefore did not start hearing this new noise until after I had the exh man fixed, which was several months later)
edited 9/21/2016 12:30
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
excursion noise at 55 mph
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 927
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog