FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Gas Engine Excursions
Vibration and Roar
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 1046
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
romulin
• Smyrna, GA, USA
• Registered on 8/27/2003
• 28 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:11/12/2003 12:27
I have a slight vibration and slight roar at 55 mph and 85 mph. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. My Excursion is 4-wheel drive, V10 and a 2003 model. Any comments would be very appreciated. Thanks, Brian
Barend Bendorf
• Ojai, CA, USA
• Registered on 11/12/2003
• 14 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:11/12/2003 22:43

I have the same problem. It is a driveline issue. The rear driveshaft vibrates at higher speeds. I bet the guy with the same problems has a differnt gear ration then you thats why his happens faster at 85mph. You need to keep taking it to the Dealership and make sure they right it on your service record. " Costumer complains of humming or vibration felt at speed xx" The reason is that Ford is full of crap and will keep putting it off tell the warrenty is over then you will be stuck with the bill for all the dammage. I Have a limited 4x4 2000 and i complained but they never wrote it down. At 48,000 miles the transmission started to slip. Then the torque converter blew. Ford after fighting with them replaced both the torque and the tranny. (With a refurbished one). Now at 70,000 fluid is leaking every where, the vibration is so bad that i am scared to drive above 65. Ford told me that my exstended warrenty is over. With a new tranny around 9k and a torque around 1k and new pinion seals around 1.5K i am in Ford hell. Please do not take this vibration as nothing important. Ford is being invesigated by the Gov for a flaw in the breaking system on the 350 an Excursion. If yours pulls to the left or right when the break is applied aggresivley at high speeds then you should complain about it. Also there is a flaw in the steering box shaft that can cause it to break rendering the vehicle non controlable. 6 Fatalities from breaks not working, 8 from steering shaft, 2 from wiper motor short. Go to this link and complain and find out the truth about Ford and Excursion Lemon.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/defect/defectsearch.cfm

This is the Government site.

Thanks
Barend
spartan
• Nashville, TN, USA
• Registered on 7/17/2003
• 86 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:11/27/2003 10:27
Ummm - if you hate Ford and your Excursion so much, why don't you sell it, get another vehicle and resolve your issues. Then you won't have to continually bash the vehicle on a site dedicated to Excursion owners who LIKE the truck.

I have a 2000 V10 XLT. It is four years old - no problems, no blown plugs, no malfunctions, no warped rotors, no nothing. The only problems I have had with driveshaft issues are ones that I created myself with modifications to the vehicle.

May your Excursion rest in peace.

2000 XLT Premium, V10, 4.3 LSD Rear, Edge 4.5" Hanger Lift, Landyot Radius Rods, Hellwig Sway Bar, Dual Bilsteins, 295 75 16 Nitto AT's, Billet Grill, Lengthened and Balanced Driveshaft, Hella 450's, Insulated AC Lines, Modified ZooDad, Husky Liners F to B.

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Gas Engine Excursions
Vibration and Roar
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 1046
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2014 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog