FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Vehicle Security Module
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 1968
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
J.R. VanderWall
• Port Orange, FL, USA
• Registered on 3/3/2005
• 12 posts
Posted:5/12/2005 08:28
Had to have it replaced this week as it was shorting out things one by one. Has anyone heard of this before? It started by telling me that one of the doors was ajar, but it wasn't. Then, the audible would not let me know when the keys were in the ignition when the doors were open. Then, the keyless entry stopped working. So I went to my tech and he figured it out and replaced it. Luckily I have a connection otherwise it would've cost me over a grand with parts and labor. Plus, the VSM itself is in the hardest spot to get to. Anyone else had problems with this before?
CHPMustang
• Plano, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/24/2002
• 1,800 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/12/2005 10:11
It's not often I hear of the VSM problems but more the electronic automatic temperature control system which has issues but both can be scanned for DTC's to narrow down the problems.

Yes the VSM is in sort of a hard to access area behind the lower center dash trim panel but do able nonetheless

I know that in vehicle electronics can be effected by say CB/Amateur radio equipment(transmitting high RF) or say on a dry day you touch the door handle and give off a zap which is enough to possibly send the VSM or PCM askew

Bill

Bill
2002 Excursion XLT-P 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Vehicle Security Module
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 1968
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog