FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Excursion door keypad code reset
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 7   |   Total Posts: 8   |   Total Views: 14010
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
bigcahunaus
• South, FL, USA
• Registered on 9/16/2005
• 17 posts
Posted:3/3/2006 15:49
Has anyone bought a used X and able to find a way to reset the door keypad code? Some say that the factory code is hidden on the X, does anyone know where? Also the dealer says you have to show up with the Title and the vehicle in order for them to pull the factory code and charge you a fee for it. Does anyone have information?

2001 Excursion Two Tone XLT / 6" Procomp Lift / AirHog Filter
Eddie Henson
• Cordova, TN, USA
• Registered on 12/8/2004
• 122 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:3/3/2006 15:55
Don't know where to find the keypad code. Wne to a local dealer when I first got mine to get an extra key made and had them pull up the entry code while I was waiting. No charge for the entry code, extra key was like $25. All I showed was a copy of my registration that I normally keep in my glove box. Hope this helps.

Eddie Henson
2000 Ford Excursion XLT 7.3L PSD
203 degree Thermo; Factory Tech valve body; CCV mod; HX mod; Rancho RS9000 shocks; Shimmed FPR @ 67; Walker BTM; Evans NPG Coolant; Dieselsite Coolant Filter Kit; Dieselsite Heater Shutoff Valve; Zoodad Mod; WeatherTech In-channel Visors; Acetoned Badges; PSD Badges; Landyot's Gen II Radius Rods
"If you don't like America, Get the hell out !!" - John Rich
CHPMustang
• Plano, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/24/2002
• 1,800 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:3/3/2006 15:58
Like Eddie said,just drop into the dealer with registration in hand and they may or may not charge you depending if you're a return customer or have connections there.

Bill
2002 Excursion XLT-P 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

jxm71
• Bel Air, MD, USA
• Registered on 1/26/2006
• 4 posts
Posted:3/6/2006 09:14
bigcahunaus -
Send me an email to jason@myhummersite.com. I have a PDF telling you how to find it. It's on the X's PCM. It worked for me on my 03. I used a small "lipstick" style video camera because of all the sound deadning material under my dash. Anyone else who needs this info, please contact me.

PS - I did pay for this info, but I am providing free of charge.

--------------------------------
Jason
03' X PSD EB
edited 3/6/2006 09:36
bigcahunaus
• South, FL, USA
• Registered on 9/16/2005
• 17 posts
Posted:3/6/2006 23:01
thanks all for the information.....

2001 Excursion Two Tone XLT / 6" Procomp Lift / AirHog Filter
Matt Cawson
• Caledonia, MI, USA
• Registered on 10/20/2004
• 82 posts
Posted:3/7/2006 07:28
The elusive vehicle security module is no where to be found on my '01. Had the dash apart and I was twisted around up in there like a pretzel with no such luck. Found a dealer through a connection that will do it for me free of charge so that's where I'm going If anyone else has had success on their '01 PLEASE let me know. It would save me a 30 minute drive to the dealer if I can get it.
cpditty
• Rogers, MN, USA
• Registered on 3/27/2006
• 10 posts
Posted:3/27/2006 16:26
Once you get the code, does anyone know how to change it? I thought I read somewhere that you could change the code as long as you had the original.
rozett
• Limington, ME, USA
• Registered on 1/10/2003
• 163 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:3/27/2006 18:32
Quote:
Once you get the code, does anyone know how to change it? I thought I read somewhere that you could change the code as long as you had the original.

You can not change the factory code, it is permanent. You can add a second code, but the factory code will continue to operate the locks.

This is from my '00 Owners Manual....

Quote:
Your vehicle has a factory set 5 digit code that operates the keyless entry system. You can also program your own 5 digit personal entry code. The factory-set code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove compartment. ....... Your personal code does not replace the permanent code that the dealership gave you. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. If a second personal code is entered, the module will erase it in favor of the new code.

//bruce

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
ART brakes, Rancho RSX shocks, Hellwig rear sway bar, SD grille, V10 badges, Sylvania Silverstars, clear corners, and Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 285s.
edited 3/27/2006 18:43
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Excursion door keypad code reset
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 7   |   Total Posts: 8   |   Total Views: 14010
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog