FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Article Discussion Topics
Factory Replacement Wheels (Rims)
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 2654
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Cliff2005EXXLT
• BOYNTON BEACH, FL, USA
• Registered on 3/29/2013
• 1 post
Posted:4/14/2013 11:17
Hi all,

I reciently obtained a 2005 Excursion XLT, 6.0 4X4 with 12,400.0 actual miles on it. It is like Factory New!!

It came with the ugly grey painted stock 16" X 7" steel wheels. I wanted to upgrade to larger factory 18" or 20" inch alloy wheels. My desire came to a scerching halt as I investigated this project.

I have been told that although the bolt pattern is the same for all the Super Duty Wheels, the offset and Back Spacing is not. specifically because the 2004 and newer F-Series went to a coil spring front end.

I was told that although any of these wheels can be bolted on, that unless you install Spacers with most of the other Super Duty wheels, they will either Rub the leaf springs or worse, that this project can bring some of the wheels so far inboard that the safety regarding the steering geomitry will be severely compromized.

I was also told that even though all the factory Excursion rims are the same, the actual track (hub face to hub face, on both the front and rear axels) of the 2005 is wider.

I was told that the ONLY LARGER FACTORY RIMS THAT WILL BE CORRECT AND CAN BE SAFTELY INSTALLED, without spacers THAT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT AFFECT THE CORRECT STEERING GEOMITRY IS either the 2004 F-250 Harley Davidson wheels or the Laredo equivelant (5 spoke deep design) 18" X 8" Wheels.

If anybody can accurately answer as to weather this information is correct please let me know. I am looking for an expert technicial opinion, NOT I put XYZ on my Excursion and I do not have any issues. Also if this is true, I will want to buy a set of the Laredo wheels, if anybody has a set.

Thank you,
Cliff
edited 4/14/2013 11:19
madpwr
• mackinaw, IL, USA
• Registered on 3/22/2015
• 2 posts
Posted:3/22/2015 15:54
I am curious also... I have an 05 with the V-10..
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Article Discussion Topics
Factory Replacement Wheels (Rims)
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 2654
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog