FullSizeBronco.com Forums

fullsizebronco Forums > fullsizebronco Discussion > General Discussion
FRONT END ISSUES
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 2537
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Chris Burkett
• portsmouth, VA, USA
• Registered on 8/23/2006
• 2 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:9/13/2006 09:06
has anybody ran into the problem of a nice little death rattle so to say when you driving down the road and hit a bump and the only way to get it to stop is to pretty much stop. if so i need some input on what it might be and how to fix this issue. i have already replaced everything in the steering and the shocks and it still does it. i need help please

This part goes here, this part goes here, and this one goes here. Now where does this part go? Oh well i guess i dont need it!
michael collins
• North Highlands, CA, USA
• Registered on 10/14/2004
• 2 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/30/2007 16:40
this can be tires (swap front to rear)
this can be ball joints, wheel bearings or the other 2 big places are the pivet bushings and or radius arm bushings.
one last thing is have someone "wiggle" the steering wheel and see if the frame has play the cross member rivets can work loose....mike
HawkDriver
• Columbus, OH, USA
• Registered on 6/18/2008
• 2 posts
Posted:5/30/2012 09:15
I agree with Michael - jack up the front end and support it on jack stands to check free play in the wheels. FSB has diagnosis techniques to check for ball joint or bearing failure. Another few things to check:

Do you have lots of free play in your steering wheel? Align your wheels straight. Have a friend
stand outside, begin to turn the wheel, and have them tell you when your wheels begin to turn.
If you\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve got lots of free play between the steering and wheels, you can start to narrow down the
problem.

Your steering box might be shot, or you might have damaged components in your steering
column. Take a look at the steering shaft - is the rubber boot torn? If so, you\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve likely gotten
water and debris into the shaft linkages.

If you can\\\\\\\\\\\\'t diagnose what\\\\\\\\\\\\'s wrong, start at the steering wheel and work forward. A steering wheel
puller is only $20 or so. I\\\\\\\\\\\\'d pull it off, and disassemble and inspect each of the steering
components to check for failure. The LMC Truck catalog has all the pieces-parts you\\\\\\\\\\\\'d need to
replace everything up to and including the steering box, although I\\\\\\\\\\\\'d check with NPD for price
comparison (LMC\\\\\\\\\\\\'s shipping costs are pretty high).

Good luck in your diagnosis, and let us know what you find.
edited 5/30/2012 09:17
fullsizebronco Forums > fullsizebronco Discussion > General Discussion
FRONT END ISSUES
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 2537
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog