Ford Ranchero Club Forums

Ranchero.us Forums > Ranchero Discussion > Ranchero Tech Help
Carb issues
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 610
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
eyemall
• belton, KY, USA
• Registered on 6/5/2016
• 2 posts
Posted:6/5/2016 10:26
I recently bought a 1977 Ford Ranchero. It had been sitting for a long time. It was my aunt's car. She had bought it several years before she died and right before she passed sold it to my uncle. He was going to build it for his son, but had no time to work on it. I managed to pick it up for 300 dollars. The car would idle very good but wouldn't take gas. I know a little about carbs but almost nothing about Ford carbs. I decided to take a look inside. I found it was very dirty. Dirt Daubers had made nests in the ports on the choke air horn and the dirt had fallen into the float bowl. I cleaned that out as well as found that the accelerator pump was stuck. Along with holes in the diaphragm. Also the choke pull down doesn't work. I got the parts to fix these issues except for the pull down. When I placed the carb back on the car it started and would run. But it would only idle for a few seconds before dying. I remembered that there was a vacuum port on the bottom that had given me some problems when I was trying to get it home. The cap had dry rotted and fallen off, but I had improvised a fix. I did that again but it still will not idle. Could this still be a vacuum leak? Around the gasket? Also the carb on the car is a e3ue-da isn't that from a new model auto? Where do I look to find the block codes and what is a good site to look them up at?
Ranchero.us Forums > Ranchero Discussion > Ranchero Tech Help
Carb issues
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 610
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog