The Rebel Mustang Club Forums

Mustang Forums > Mustang Discussion > General Discussion
Fuel injection for my 68?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 645
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Cheri Embree
• San Diego, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/9/2004
• 14 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/16/2004 00:06
I want to add fuel injection to my 68 coupe. It has a brand new 302 (5.0) motor so I figure one off of a wrecked Mustang with the same size engine should be available. Has anyone ever bought one from a junk yard? I am curious what a used one would run me.
Norm Tyche  Club Owner
• Bentonville, AR, USA
• Registered on 5/26/2004
• 9 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/16/2004 21:53
You can use fuel injection from a late model 5.0 but you will have to get the computer, harness, manifold, injectors and fuel rails. If you purchase the items from a salvage yard be sure you get some sort of warranty as the computer is the most expensive item. You can also check with Brothers Warehouse in Corona, CA for conversion kits. They used to sell a kit for conversions. Talk to Mark brown in the SDMC as I think he did a conversion on his 85/86/88 hatchback.
Cheri Embree
• San Diego, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/9/2004
• 14 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/18/2004 15:13
Thanks!

I am trying to decide on the fuel injection. I am probably getting a Vortech Super Charger through Ford (Dad works for Ford) and they make a carb version and a FI version. I have to figure out the differences but I figured adding the FI at the same time would be nice for miledge reasons.
Cheri Embree
• San Diego, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/9/2004
• 14 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/20/2004 14:50
Quote:
Thanks!

I am trying to decide on the fuel injection. I am probably getting a Vortech Super Charger through Ford (Dad works for Ford) and they make a carb version and a FI version. I have to figure out the differences but I figured adding the FI at the same time would be nice for miledge reasons.

Looks like I am going with the carb version of the super charger. Not going to bother with the hassle of adding fuel injection
Norm Tyche  Club Owner
• Bentonville, AR, USA
• Registered on 5/26/2004
• 9 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:8/9/2004 10:33
Good idea! FI would be nice but.......it is a hassle if you don't get all the parts needed and have to find everything. Besides, adding the supercharger with fuel injection would not help your mileage since you would be putting the pedal to the metal most of th time smokin the guys!
Mustang Forums > Mustang Discussion > General Discussion
Fuel injection for my 68?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 645
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog