SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Mount Roof Rack On 2003 Crown Vic
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 316
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
batmobile
• San Francisco, CA, USA
• Registered on 9/29/2014
• 3 posts
Posted:9/29/2014 14:36
So I want to mount a roof rack on my 2003 Crown Vic. I love this car, in fact just sold my WRX to go back to driving it, but I need a roof rack for surfboards, extra storage on road trips, etc.

None of the major manufacturers, (thule, yakima, whisperbar, inno) make fit kits for Crown Vics!

I talked to some guys at a shop and they can do a custom install, where they screw into the roof and bolt on towers. The yakima Q-Tower with the feet/landing pad seems like it would work, it\\'s just very expensive to buy new and pay the guys to install it.

I\\'d like to do this myself, it seems pretty simple and I\\'m mechanically inclined, but I\\'m worried about screwing blind into the roof and missing the hard points or interrupting wiring.

Is there a schematic or drawing out there showing the typical internal structure of the roof?

Has anyone out there done this kind of installation?
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Mount Roof Rack On 2003 Crown Vic
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 316
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog