SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
ABS Light and Parking Brake Light both on. Also Airbag Light with no horn action.
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 7   |   Total Posts: 10   |   Total Views: 1811
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
05CVPIUndercover
• Austin, TX, USA
• Registered on 12/10/2014
• 6 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:12/11/2014 07:40
I'm stumped. I got my 2005 CVPI last Friday, and of course none of these lights came on until after I was home and it was Saturday. So I need to figure out what I can do to see if I can fix these things myself. I need to get it inspected and registered ASAP.

I have checked all the fuses. But I can always recheck again.

Brake fluid level is fine, but I read someone where that if it's a bad module the power steering with go into minimal assist mode. Which it definitely feels like it has. My car is braking fine, parking brake not engaged, perfect fluid level. First option?

And about the airbag light, I checked the flash code, it's a code 19, so basically a driver airbag circuit failure...? And the horn doesn't work, so maybe a connection is undone for both the bag and the horn somewhere down the column?

I'm taking the car to a friend today who is going to hook it up to a professional scan tool that can read ABS and SRS, so hopefully that'll help me dig a little deeper, but regardless, still lost... HELP?
Sig357
• Coshocton, OH, USA
• Registered on 12/6/2011
• 8 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:12/11/2014 08:55
Lights & Horn problem ? = Probably the LCM, controls both.
Search e-bay, a guy on there will re-build & guarantee $ 80.00.
But first check for a recall. Ford replaced my 03.
Hope this helps
05CVPIUndercover
• Austin, TX, USA
• 6 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:12/11/2014 09:37
How did you go about having Ford replace? Just call them or what? Where can I find the recall info? Sorry, new to this, obviously haha.
05CVPIUndercover
• Austin, TX, USA
• 6 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:12/11/2014 09:50
Just checked the recall info, and sure enough there's one for steering column related issues. Maybe this could fix it if they see something wrong?
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:12/11/2014 14:32
The airbag light blinks when you first start the car, count the blinks and report back with the code(you can google the code as well to find what it means).
The airbag light and no horn would suggest that the car has a bad clockspring, nothing to do with the LCM.
Your car is under "recall" for the lower steering column(the section in the engine bay) and the LCM(for headlights not working ONLY)
ABS and "Brake" light will give their own codes, they cannot be read by some code readers but Autozone may be able to read them.
05CVPIUndercover
• Austin, TX, USA
• 6 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:12/11/2014 18:59
So I took it to the shop my friend works at, and they hooked up their handy dandy Snap-On scanner for the ABS and Parking Brake Light. B34xx, I don't quite remember, but they couldn't quite locate the posted fixes for the code, but it was a logic code, so we basically just unhooked the "brains" and the Parking Brake light went off. So now it will pass inspection. I say that it will pass now because I located the cut wires to my horn. When they ripped out the police stuff, of course they snipped and ripped everything, but I managed to locate the wires coming down from the column and matched them up to just before the horn.

Airbag wise, I had already recognized the flash sequence, and it was 19. Driver Airbag Circuit Failure I read, but a light and ABS light won't fail me, just as long as I get the horn hooked up before I go.

And yeah I read about the lower steering shaft, where is the headlight one though? I currently have my car rigged up on a independent switch for those.
XBOMMAN
• HURLOCK, MD, USA
• Registered on 11/26/2014
• 15 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:12/12/2014 01:11
I checked further into the steering column re-call and it concerns the bolts on the lower shaft. The problem is that in climates where the roads use salt and other chemicals, in the winter, the bolts can be corroded to the point that they can possibly be degraded and cause a loss of steering.

This info comes directly from Fords re-call info page. Just go to Ford site, enter your VIN and all re-calls are listed for your particular vehicle.
nebbje
• Cary, NC, USA
• Registered on 2/18/2017
• 6 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:3/30/2017 16:32
When I got my cvpi my ABS light and brake lights were on and headlights worked intermittently. There was a recall on the LCM module. I took it to the Ford dealer and they replace LCM free of charge. While I was there they told me I needed a new brake level sensor and ABS control module. I had Autozone hook up and do diagnostic for free and they confirm what dealer said. I went to a junk yard and found an ABS module and brake fluid level sensor in good shape. They removed it for me and guaranteed they were working order. The ABS module cost me $80.00 . They would not sell me just the sensor so I bought the master cylinder with fluid reservoir and sensor for $20.00 (I only used the sensor). Both were real easy to install. The ABS and brake lights went off and everything works fine now

FYI The dealer quoted me $310 to replace brake fluid reservoir and $1200 to replace the ABS module (parts and labor). You can get free computer diagnostic at Autozone. I hope this helps..
cbourquin
• Emory, TX, USA
• Registered on 4/9/2017
• 7 posts
Posted:4/11/2017 17:41
might try chasing the wiring for disconnection. when these cars are retired,they remove the lights,siren,and what not. when i got mine, the lights didn't work. so i checked the headlight wiring and found several of the wires were cut.
2008CVPI
• San Jose, CA, USA
• Registered on 3/22/2017
• 8 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/6/2017 08:14
Thank you for this detailed thread, very educational

When I received my 08 CVPI, it had similar issues:
- ABS light light on
- tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light on
- high beams only worked in the flash mode, not steady on
- horn did not work
- dark mode (not interior lighting when do is opened)
- rear passenger door locks and windows did not work except driver side controls (but I did find the door rods tucked in the trunk)
- AC didn't work
- front passenger seat was from a completely different vehicle altogether and the buckle was a mismatch
- there was a small red button near the steering column, if you push it while the car is on (and in park), you can remove the keys and it will still keep running

edited 5/6/2017 08:22
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
ABS Light and Parking Brake Light both on. Also Airbag Light with no horn action.
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 7   |   Total Posts: 10   |   Total Views: 1811
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog