SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
'01 Crown Vic overheating issues
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 404
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Theh4xis
• Fort Collins, CO, USA
• Registered on 4/26/2015
• 2 posts
Posted:4/26/2015 11:39
First post!

So, I've just recently picked up a decomissioned P71 that was an old detective's drive-home. The guy I bought it from picked it up at auction around 97k, drove it for about 6k, until it overheated one day. He limped it to a shop and they told him it was the heater core causing it (quoted $1200). Limped it back home, popped the hood, and his coolant reservoir cap cracked under pressure, causing coolant to spew under the hood.

So, he parked it and cranked it once a week over the last 4 months, until I came across it. Had a neighbor of his walk over and take a look at it. We tried to see if the thermostat would open up after running it and it wouldn't, so we pulled the thermostat and ran it to try and get the blower fan to cycle, which it wouldn't. We wired the motor to the battery to see if the blower motor itself works, and it does.

The previous owner said the thermostat that we pulled out was a replacement, but it would never open up and let coolant through. At this point, I'm kind of stumped. Everything else about the car is fantastic. The detective that used it last kept up with repairs and general maintenance, which really surprises me. It seems like whatever's causing this has to have a relatively simple solution.

Any thoughts?
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
'01 Crown Vic overheating issues
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 404
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog