SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
2000 Crown vic P-71 shocks
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 783
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
DROD
• Phoenix , AZ, USA
• Registered on 4/30/2015
• 10 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/16/2015 22:20
Hello out there! I'm planning on changing front and rear shocks on my newly acquired P-71.

The front shocks look easy; unbolt top nut, the unbolt two bottom nuts and shock should drop down, however, the rear shocks look more challenging.

Any helpful suggestions?

Thanks!
embun44
• Pacitan, CT, Zimbabwe
• Registered on 6/9/2015
• 5 posts
Posted:6/9/2015 21:54

What is the maximum speed of the motor P-71 you? to cope with shocks to the front and rear wheels, you must replace the alloy wheels of your bike

Baju Batik Wanita | Toko Alat Pengering Sidoarjo
DROD
• Phoenix , AZ, USA
• Registered on 4/30/2015
• 10 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:6/9/2015 22:08
"What is the maximum speed of the motor P-71 you?"

After entering a target date, the operator accelerates the P-71 bike to 88 miles per hour (141.6 km/h), which activates the flux capacitor. A m.p.h scanner shows how many miles the bike has reached and it stops counting when it reaches 88. As it accelerates, several coils around the body of the bike glow white. Surrounded by large sparks, the whole bike vanishes in a flash of white/blue light seconds later, leaving a pair of fire trails where the bike's tires will pass arriving at the destination time.

I hope this helped answer your question.
TDAZP71
• GLENDALE, AZ, USA
• Registered on 2/4/2007
• 3 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:6/19/2015 10:59
The fronts shocks pretty straight forward.
The rear shocks can become very upsetting . There Not much room to get to the top bolts .I would soak the bolts overnite and then take bottom bolts off first . then hope and pray the tops bolts are not frozen
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:6/23/2015 13:19
Long handled and/or ratcheting wrenches will help on the rear, you should be able to hold the shaft of the shock in a vise grip and turn the nut, or just cut the shaft right under the upper mount if the nut and shock are frozen/rusted together.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
2000 Crown vic P-71 shocks
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 783
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog