SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Crown vic a/c problem please help
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 426
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
MoTown
• Detroit, MI, USA
• Registered on 5/21/2015
• 3 posts
Posted:5/23/2015 23:01
2002 crown vic lx sport with 127k miles

bought it 3 months ago

it has the digital climate control. everything on the digital climate control works as far as blowing on hot or low, switching from floor to vent to defrost, that all works.

problem is it only blows hot. if I put it on max a/c at 60 degrees it will read 60 degrees ac on the screen but it blows hot as if its on 90 degrees heat. doesn't matter if I put on 70 or 80 it doesn't feel like it changes but it reads whatever I put it to. I can get in the car on a cold morning and put it on 60 ac and it will heat up as if its 90 heat.

also the compressor does kick on when I put it on ac

ive read about some of the common problems with the digital climate control but not sure if this is one of them.

I haven't had the Freon level checked but I had it in the shop for an oil change and the guy said he didn't think it was a Freon issue because it wouldn't blow that hot. he said it would at least suck up some outside air and that it would be a bit cooler.

he says he thinks its the blend door actuator that is behind the dash and quoted 650 to fix that since its a lot of labor. a buddy of mine checked the blend door that is behind the glove and he said that seamed fine. theres a few to my understanding.

anyways im hoping its the digital climate control, there is a guy that rebuilds them and he says he will put one of his rebuilt units in for 150 and if it doesn't work he will take it back out and not charge but I don't wanna waste either of our time if that doesn't seam to be the problem.

what do you guys think?

p.s. guy at the gas station shop said he thinks its low on Freon. getting a bunch of mixed answers
curemode2002
• Lehi, UT, USA
• Registered on 3/8/2012
• 147 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/26/2015 09:55
You could have a blend door issue but I would get the AC System serviced first. You should be running R134a not Freon so the service is usually 100.00ish. If it is still blowing hot at that point I would think you are looking at an issue with the blend door. The do take a fair amount of work usually for most of us about a whole weekend.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Crown vic a/c problem please help
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 426
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog