SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
2003 Police Interceptor Fuel Leak
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 396
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
nachochilidog
• Des Moines IA, IA, USA
• Registered on 6/22/2015
• 3 posts
Posted:6/22/2015 16:20
First post. Thanks for any and all advice. Gonna make it short and to the point.

Smelled gas a little when hopping in my car this morning. Didn't think much of it. Parked unusually close to the door at work for no particular reason. I work next to a shop that repairs semi trucks so naturally mechanics pass by and through that door often.

One mechanic approaches me knowing it is my vehicles and asks if I have fueled up lately. I said yes, I filled her up from empty to full on Saturday. He said he can smell gasoline and it is leaking.

The leak seems to be at a seem in the metal fuel tank. This leak is just a foot into the underside of the car just behind (looking under the car from the side) the right rear tire.

Basically. What do I do? Is there a sealant that can be used? what needs to happen to remedy this?

thanks for any info.

- nacho

edited 6/22/2015 17:37
nachochilidog
• Des Moines IA, IA, USA
• 3 posts
Posted:6/22/2015 16:23
Pictures and video incoming as well. Thanks
nachochilidog
• Des Moines IA, IA, USA
• 3 posts
Posted:6/22/2015 20:11
had it inspected closer in an oil change bay by a diesel mechanic. I paid him 20 bucks, he says he is one hundred percent certain the fuel tank needs to be replaced.

What should I expect to pay to have this done?
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:6/23/2015 13:15
Tank isn't that hard to replace, under $200 for the tank then a few hours labor(might not take that long since they'll have it on a lift).
I replaced the one on my '05 due to a rusted hole of the tank, it was near empty when I did it so I didn't have to drain anything and it took me a day since it was hot and the car was only on jack stands.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
2003 Police Interceptor Fuel Leak
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 396
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog