SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
tranny pan leak
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 6   |   Total Views: 564
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
angryfool
• crown point , IN, USA
• Registered on 10/6/2015
• 3 posts
Posted:10/6/2015 01:16
Ok so I have a 2005 CVPI with 101000 miles on it that I brought into a jiffy lube because I'm lazy. when I come back they tell me the transmission is leaking really bad, about 45 drips a minute they said. New pan, gasket and filter. so I switched out all three and put new fluid in, the leak slowed down but when I was putting in the screws, I was turning and turning, till I heard a pop and it just kept spinning, still leaking.

Did I just foul up the gasket. Or is it some other seal? And can this issue solved in my driveway? It appears to be coming from the front of the pan, on the right side. Can get pictures if needed
curemode2002
• Lehi, UT, USA
• Registered on 3/8/2012
• 147 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:10/6/2015 07:49
Sounds like you had a bolt strip out the threads in the transmission housing. You may need a timesert or helicoil but yes you can usually repair a stripped thread in your driveway. Another thing you may want to check is the pan itself you will want something really flat like a glass table with the pan off set it on the table and check to see if it's gasket surface is level. Sometimes at the bolt holes you may need to lightly pound them flat with a ball-peen hammer, especially if it was ever put in with an air wrench.
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:10/6/2015 14:43
If it wasn't leaking when you took it in, it shouldn't have been leaking when they gave it back.
The gasket for the trans pan is reusable, doesn't need to be replaced.
Did you hit something with the pan?
angryfool
• crown point , IN, USA
• 3 posts
Posted:10/9/2015 22:05
It's never been taken off so an air wrenc. Hasn't been used, and I changed the pan as well. I ended up taking it to a shop because I'm lazy and could afford it, it's got a miniscule leak but it looks like the just put a bunch of washers on. So if it's still leaking a bunch I'm gonna take it back and give them a stern talking to, but if it's not the from the pan Area it's probably something more expensive from what I can tell
angryfool
• crown point , IN, USA
• 3 posts
Posted:10/9/2015 22:06
And I've got a bad habit of going over speed bumps too fast, but it didn't seem damaged from that.
meriam
• bogor, IN, India
• Registered on 6/26/2014
• 15 posts
Posted:12/27/2015 18:59
the topic of the questions you ask is a good topic for discussion in this forum

Ransel Kamera National Geographic | Harga Baterai Kamera Nikon
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
tranny pan leak
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 6   |   Total Views: 564
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog