SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
transmission problem
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 690
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
letterip
• London, XX, Canada
• Registered on 11/5/2015
• 4 posts
Posted:11/5/2015 15:39
okay so I bought this car with 88,000 km ,that's it so I have changed all fluids in it including the tranny fluid,i put a new filter in and new transmission fluid,i used dextron 3 fluid but it was compatable with mercon v ,so I got another new transmission filter and used valvoline mercon v which is the correct fluid,i did not drive car very long with the dextron 3 in it and ive had mercon in car for about 2 months now and it seems like somethings been slowly getting worse in tranny,tonight the car from first to second it seems like it shifts into second way to soon then before it should, to me it seems like something in the torque converter is gone bad.when I first bought the car the transmission seemed to work fine I just changed fluids because its probably never been done before, and another thing is a while ago I noticed when you punch it down and start going fairly fast you can literally feel the tranny slipping at high rpms..my biggest concern now is the shifting way to soon into second and third. my next step is to go to the ford dealership and buy a transmission filter and ford oil..but may be too late for that,i just dont get why it did this to me..do I need a friction modifer for torque converter .if someone could please help me out it would be much appreciated. thanks Greg
jdmeaux
• Lafayette, LA, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2009
• 525 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:11/6/2015 10:08
I hate to tell you, but Dextron 3 is not compatible to Mercon V regardless of what they claim.

PROUD MEMBER of www.crownvic.net

It's just a SUPER-DUTY Mustang GT Sedan. 198K miles and still rolling HARD.

1997 Crown Victoria P71 SVT *** ex-US Marshall service (the CAR)
STOCK?? I bet it was modified.

13.26 @ 107.24 MPH 1/4 mi w/ me, tools, & full tank of 93 octane

I added CAI, NICHE 19 X 8.5 " wheels with 245/45ZR 19 rubbers, and completely rebuilt the front end with poly bushings, Kooks headers, 2 1/4inch exhaust, TCI 2200-2400 rpm Stall converter

.PLANS:: engine upgrade, 5.4L 2v stroker, rebuild interior in leather w/ buckets, thinking about turbos

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
transmission problem
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 690
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog