SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
body squeaks
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 448
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
dreamcar
• Cockeysville, MD, USA
• Registered on 5/31/2016
• 1 post
Posted:5/31/2016 06:30
I have 2004 Crown Vic p71 and there is this squeak that seems to be coming from the rt front quarter panel right where the door and fender meet. I don't believe it is coming from the suspension because it doesn't do it all the time. It happens when I drive over cobble stone roads or very bumpy roads and sometimes when I close the passenger side front door. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to correct it?
curemode2002
• Lehi, UT, USA
• Registered on 3/8/2012
• 147 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/31/2016 08:23
I had two different squeaks similar to what you have mentioned, one was a quite loud short squeak, this ended up being my sway bar bushings not being lubed on the front end. The second was a quieter squeak that like you say only really showed up on rough roads or sometimes when a door was shut. This ended up being a metal support under the driver side of the dash. It looked as if it had been moved to remove some equipment or wiring then not tightened back up. You will have to remove the kicker panel under the dash, my brace was left of the column and bolted diagonally into the firewall.
dbmcd
• Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Registered on 10/12/2001
• 69 posts
1 Boat
4 Motorcycles
10 Vehicles
Posted:5/31/2016 08:49
I had a squeak that drove me crazy. It was the rubber stop at the front of the hood. A little grease fixed it. Only problem I am still crazy!!!
kb2enj
• Maryville, TN, USA
• Registered on 6/14/2011
• 21 posts
Posted:6/2/2016 09:47
Also grease the hood latch!
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
body squeaks
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 448
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog