SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
1995 crown vic pi questions
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 302
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
ARmachinist
• jonesboro, AR, USA
• Registered on 6/9/2016
• 1 post
Posted:6/13/2016 19:35
I picked up a 95 cvpi a couple months ago. only has 119k on it. I've added under drive pulleys, aftermarket intake tube with k&n style filter, 2 1/4 exh w no cats and magnaflow mufflers and 4.10 gears with traction lock. the problem is it is overwinding bad before shifting. most of the time it shifts at 5200rpm but sometimes it will wind higher and hit rev limiter then shift. I need to get this thing shifting at 4500rpm. will the Jmod make the trans shift as soon as i shift the lever? or should i try a tuner like a Sct or one from blue oval chips and program shifts with a tune? i'd like to have a tuner, not sure if they will work on my 95 tho. it had the 4 catalytic converters and has the obd2 plug in down beside the ash tray so i think the 96up tuners will work..Or am i wrong?? my next planned mods are a 3000-3500 stall converter and a 100 shot of Nos with 190lph fuel pump. but i've got to get the trans to cooperate first!
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
1995 crown vic pi questions
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 302
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog