SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Qustions about 2005 (p71) !!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 9   |   Total Views: 1050
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Jrocflava
• MU, XX, Bahrain
• Registered on 6/16/2016
• 5 posts
Posted:6/16/2016 17:43
Hi ,

How\\\\\\'s every body doing ? I hope every body is fine ..
Anyway i am new to this website .. and i saw too many memeber\\\\\\'s with an cool experience .. i hope we share each other the experiment ..
I have 2 questions about my (p71) ..

I have a really simple qustion about the rear axle !!

I own 2005 crownvic (p71) , i would like to replace the rear axle
Cuz mine has been bent after the accident , does the 2000 (p74) rear end fits my 2005 (p71) and i\\\\\\'v does not what should i take or what model gonna fit ?

Also my side airbags at the passnger seat , blowen up !!
can i fix that ? , and do i have to replace airbag ecu ?
Or i can install the new airbag without reprogram the ecu ?
Cuz iv been googling all the time searching for (DIY) but i didnt find !!

And thanks
Greetings 😉
dbmcd
• Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Registered on 10/12/2001
• 69 posts
1 Boat
4 Motorcycles
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/17/2016 06:08
There is a difference in wheel offset between 00 and 05. So the width of the axles is probably different. You might have to run 00 wheels in the rear...I do not know.

The ECU can be reprogrammed by removing it and sending it to a company that reprograms them. I have done this before with salvaged car I rebuilt. Search to find a company.that reprograms them.

Good luck!
Jrocflava
• MU, XX, Bahrain
• 5 posts
Posted:6/17/2016 06:53
Thanks for replaying ..

Soo the 00 rear end wont fit 05 , then whats gonna fit?
And the air bag , should i reprogram the ecu to install the new one ?
Jrocflava
• MU, XX, Bahrain
• 5 posts
Posted:6/17/2016 12:00
I am going to replace the whole rear axle will the 2000 p74 part fits my 2005 p71 ?

dbmcd
• Los Angeles, CA, USA
• 69 posts
1 Boat
4 Motorcycles
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/17/2016 12:11
The axle will probably fit, but the difference in the wheels would make them wider or narrower than original. They may rub the inside or outside of the fender.

The ECU is the wrong unit to reprogram. I meant the RCM (Restraint Control Module) which is part of the SRS system or (Supplemental Restraint System). You really should have a repair manual or talk to someone who knows what they are doing. If you did find the right box under the dash, you have to depower it send it off to have the fault erased, reinstall and repower it. It is a pretty big deal. I just use some black electrical tape over the light on the dash and forget about it.
Jrocflava
• MU, XX, Bahrain
• 5 posts
Posted:6/17/2016 14:50
Quote:
The axle will probably fit, but the difference in the wheels would make them wider or narrower than original. They may rub the inside or outside of the fender.

The ECU is the wrong unit to reprogram. I meant the RCM (Restraint Control Module) which is part of the SRS system or (Supplemental Restraint System). You really should have a repair manual or talk to someone who knows what they are doing. If you did find the right box under the dash, you have to depower it send it off to have the fault erased, reinstall and repower it. It is a pretty big deal. I just use some black electrical tape over the light on the dash and forget about it.

So the answer gonna be :

The 2000's part fits 2005 but with unknown results

And about the airbag , finding the right rcm box ,depower it and take it to someone knows about that shit !!
Then reprogram and reinstall !!
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:6/17/2016 15:22
The 2000 rear will fit, they changed the shock mounts for 2003+ but never removed the old mount from the frame so all mounting points are there.
The rear you should install is from 2003-2011 and there are tons of them out there, 2005 model year(cars built 12/4/2004 and on) introduced the 31 spline rear which was a little stronger but doesn't matter really for a stock car.
Using a 2000 rear will not make contact with rear fenders or frame, the rear section of the frame didn't change and the body only got "rolled" rear fenders because of the Marauder 2003+.
In short, for a temporary fix, you could use the older rear, but you'd need to spend money on shocks since they are totally different.
Jrocflava
• MU, XX, Bahrain
• 5 posts
Posted:6/17/2016 18:54
Quote:
The 2000 rear will fit, they changed the shock mounts for 2003+ but never removed the old mount from the frame so all mounting points are there.
The rear you should install is from 2003-2011 and there are tons of them out there, 2005 model year(cars built 12/4/2004 and on) introduced the 31 spline rear which was a little stronger but doesn't matter really for a stock car.
Using a 2000 rear will not make contact with rear fenders or frame, the rear section of the frame didn't change and the body only got "rolled" rear fenders because of the Marauder 2003+.
In short, for a temporary fix, you could use the older rear, but you'd need to spend money on shocks since they are totally different.

Thanks for replaying mr ..

Anyway i am going to search for 2005 whole axle but iv i didnt find one i am gonna take 2000's one or an 2008 !!

Iv got my answer for the first qustion ..
And the remaining is the 2nd ..

Can install the new airbag without programming the rcm ?
And BTW removing the rcm will shut the front passnger airbag is that right ?

Thank you guys for replaying
dbmcd
• Los Angeles, CA, USA
• 69 posts
1 Boat
4 Motorcycles
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/17/2016 21:05
Ford calls it the RCM in the manual, but if you search for SRS reset you will get several companies that service them. I found one at www.srsmodule.com, maybe they can help you. Also search YouTube, you will find a lot of info there. I think if you do not reset the module, the airbag light just stays on. Not sure...
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Qustions about 2005 (p71) !!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 9   |   Total Views: 1050
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog