SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Need help!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 318
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
K9cvpi77
• Stroudsbrug , PA, USA
• Registered on 4/21/2014
• 3 posts
Posted:4/21/2014 09:43
I had this same problem about a year ago, spend lots of money trying to diagnose it, and after an expensive tow to the shop it was a simple fix. But the guy never told me what he did and I think I'm havering the same issue again.

I was driving a lot and all of the sudden the car sputtered like it was out of gas and shut down. It cranked but never turned over. I checked the fuel rail and I had no gas getting to the engine. So I figured it was my fuel pump. Checked all of the fuses and relays found no problems, traced the wire harness from the engine to the tank found no issues. So naturally I started end to replace the fuel pump.

Upon doing so I found the fuel pump on the car was fine once I took it out and hooked it to power.

I put the old one back in tried to hard wire it to a switch so it ran off its own power. The pump would run but still no start.

So I had it towed to a shop and the mechanic right away took a piece of wire touched two things together under the hood and told me her would bypass or hard wire what ever the problem was. Next day car was fine.

Fast forward to one years later I think I'm havering the same issue. Same kind of problem, just sputtered out and quite. No fuel to the rails and I can't hear the pump running. Before I replace the pump again I want to do what the guy did and see if that works again or if something came loose but I don't know. What he did and I can not get ahold of the guy who did it to find out

Does anyone know what he did!?!?!? Help!
Mad-Vic-Scientist
• defiance, OH, USA
• Registered on 11/6/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:11/7/2014 09:21
Try to check the fuel rail pressure regulator and see if its leaking and if that's not the problem check the pcm

2007 crown Victoria, aka my baby, aka christine.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Need help!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 318
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog