SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
2003 crown vic electrical issues?? please help!!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 799
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
raymondthebodeau
• reno , NV, USA
• Registered on 7/19/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:7/19/2014 16:18
Hello, i am new to these forums, and i just purchased my first crown Victoria a few months ago.. it runs and drives but it has some issues.. it has very sluggish acceleration, and upon start up, you need to step on the gas pedal and clear its throat, so to speak, before it will idle on its own, and remain running.. it also clunks into gear (from park to drive for example) and the battery does not seem to want to hold a solid charge overnight.

I have an obd2 code reader, which has lead me to replace a plethora of parts.. none of which have seemed to help the issue im pursuing.. heres a list of the parts ive replaced so far

-Throttle position sensor
-fuel pressure sensor
-all 8 coils and spark plugs
-new alternator
-Idle Air Control valve

after replacing all of these parts, The code reader is STILL throwing codes for the following:

p1120- Throttle Position sensor A out of range low (Ratch too low)
p0190- Fuel Rail pressure sensor
p0122- Throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit low input

after replacing these parts, i did reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for a good amount of time then reconnecting it. and i also have driven it for a good amount of time hoping the PCM would respond to the new sensors. basically nothing has changed.. at this point i think i am chasing some sort of electrical issue?? hoping somebody can weigh in here and push me in the right direction??? any and all input is appreciated! thanks
raymondthebodeau
• reno , NV, USA
• Registered on 7/19/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:7/20/2014 10:17
a few other notes.. the TPS on these cars are non adjustable, and also i believe that the car had an aftermarket stereo installed in it at one point... could a misplaced ground strap or crossed wires in the dash perhaps cause some of the issues i am getting?
Are the TPS and pedal position sensor and fuel pressure sensor on the same circuit?

i will be probing wires with my DMM and checking fuses/relays soon to make sure i am getting proper voltage to all of the sensors.. will repost later with my findings
jdmeaux
• Lafayette, LA, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2009
• 525 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/20/2014 11:16
Battery---if it goes dead overnight, you got a ground problem. It is possible that you have a wire pinched between metal parts, or, in the case of the aftermarket radio, a defective part. Even leaving the dome light on overnight isn't enough to kill a battery.

Get yourself a Haynes or Chiltons manual for the car. It will help in tracing down the problems.

Here's a little video to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0

PROUD MEMBER of www.crownvic.net

It's just a SUPER-DUTY Mustang GT Sedan. 198K miles and still rolling HARD.

1997 Crown Victoria P71 SVT *** ex-US Marshall service (the CAR)
STOCK?? I bet it was modified.

13.26 @ 107.24 MPH 1/4 mi w/ me, tools, & full tank of 93 octane

I added CAI, NICHE 19 X 8.5 " wheels with 245/45ZR 19 rubbers, and completely rebuilt the front end with poly bushings, Kooks headers, 2 1/4inch exhaust, TCI 2200-2400 rpm Stall converter

.PLANS:: engine upgrade, 5.4L 2v stroker, rebuild interior in leather w/ buckets, thinking about turbos

edited 7/20/2014 11:23
Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Engine and Drivetrain
2003 crown vic electrical issues?? please help!!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 799
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog