SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Topics > SuperMotors Support & Suggestions
(Advice please ) 2000 ford excursion v10 6.8l
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 1673
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Cdanielson421
• Norfolk, VA, USA
• Registered on 8/12/2014
• 1 post
Posted:8/12/2014 09:24
I bought this truck has 116,000mi. It sat for about 6 months. Turns over fine but idles down and turns off unless I keep the gas on it for a few minutes. After I drive it it turns on fine but if it sits for awhile the same problem comes up. I hooked it up to a computer and it's not throwing any codes no check engine light is on either. I changed the oil, air filter, serpentine belt, spark plugs, and fuel filter. I used a zmax fuel,Poland transmission treatment. Has a new battery and the alternator was tested today everything is good there. It's getting a engine diagnostic test right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated im starting to sprout some grey hair! Thanks!
BigDangFord
• Chandler, AZ, USA
• Registered on 3/11/2015
• 42 posts
Posted:4/21/2015 15:05
so did having a diagnostic test reveal the problem?
averageskill
• Grand Terrace, CA, USA
• Registered on 7/13/2015
• 2 posts
Posted:7/13/2015 15:09
My 2000 Excursion would start right up...then sometimes cut out like it wasnt getting any fuel....then run fine until cold again. Tried a few things then took it to my mechanic. He tested the fuel pressure and some other things but said it ran just fine. I thought about it and had a hunch...4 bolts hold the throttle body on. Removed it, held it up to the light and could baredly see light around the edges of the 2 butterfly valves. Additionally, there is a small hole in the middle of each butterfly. One was completely plugged and the other almost plugged. Spent some time cleaning the 2 barrels, butterflies and clearing the 2 holes. Held it up to the light and could see a few thousandths of light around the 2 butterflies. That's why there's an adjustment screw to set the opening. DO NOT ADJUST THEM, IT'S FACTORY SET FOR THE IDLE/COLD IDLE. Runs like a champ now. It was starving for air and flooding it's self. Called my mechanic and let him know. A month later still running perfect.
Forums > SuperMotors Topics > SuperMotors Support & Suggestions
(Advice please ) 2000 ford excursion v10 6.8l
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 1673
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog