SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Remote
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 464
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
88M
• radcliff, KY, USA
• Registered on 8/14/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:8/14/2014 18:52
I have purchased a 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and I'm trying to program a keyless remote to the car. I've watched different videos and none of them help. The car won't respond to turning it on and off however many times for the door locks and chime to go off like the videos suggest. Please help.
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:8/15/2014 12:37
Did the car come with a remote or keyless entry in the first place?
Later on, all have keyless available but not in 2004.
danielgk
• Ramsey, MN, USA
• Registered on 8/1/2014
• 3 posts
Posted:8/17/2014 05:47
We just bought a 2011 that has no remote, so I'd not be surprised if you're in the same boat. I went to a Ford dealer, asked to get the key copied, and then asked about a remote. They took the VIN and ran a 3 page printout of all the options my car had (all for free). When it appeared the car didn't have remote door locks (because they didn't believe a 2011 wouldn't have them), they even tried to program one for me which didn't work - same results as you described.

I wound up installing an aftermarket keyless entry unit from Ebay.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Remote
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 464
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog