SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Small idle revving
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 248
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
AdamP2326
• Taylorville, IL, USA
• Registered on 8/26/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:8/26/2014 20:37
Hello,

Just joined the Crown Vic family with my 2003 P.I.

After driving the car for a few days I'm falling more and more in love with the car, especially the sound of the 4.6 through the straight pipes, I've noticed a few quarks of the car and thought I'd see if any of you out there that may have some tips or insight to them.

First issue being where upon start up of the car, the O/D light flashes for awhile. After driving a minuet or two it stops and I can control the over drive function again.

Second, every once in a while while the engine will want to rev up maybe 200-500 rpm. This is a guess as I have no tach, but the 2 previous vehicles I've driven were stick.

Third and last (not sure if this ties into the second or not) .. I'm not 100% sure how to describe.
It's happened twice during hot and humid weather. After driving the car for about 10 or so miles the sound and feel of the engine change to a bit of a slight putting feel and sound. First time it happened I just gave a little to the accelerator and it went back to normal. Second time it didn't resolve the issue.

Thank you for reading and ANY help would be appreciated.

Adam
AdamP2326
• Taylorville, IL, USA
• Registered on 8/26/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:9/1/2014 17:02
Three wires came loose near the fuse box during battery change. Soldered and crimped em' and she's running smoother then ever. Looks like this forum is useless for help. Good day
Cybyrd
• Brandon, MS, USA
• Registered on 9/1/2014
• 11 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:9/5/2014 14:31
Sorry Adam. Im a newbie also and this forum is kinda quite. I just think we do not have many mechanics on here. I know with my other car I belong to a club where they will fight over who answers first then debate over the answer. Anyway that's what I'm thinking. I know I can't be much help as I am not mechanically inclined.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Small idle revving
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 248
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog