SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
04 crown vic PI Map sensor issue after egr mod
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 302
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
04vicpoliceinterceptor
• phillips, WI, USA
• Registered on 8/4/2014
• 4 posts
Posted:8/29/2014 21:18
I did the egr mod and removed it and blocked it off, I just plugged the 2 vacumn lines on it, now I'm getting the egr valve code which is fine, but also now have a MAP "manifold absolute pressure "high circuit" code as well. Is that because there is more vacumn free'd up since the egr is deleted? Or is this a different problem I should be worried about? Gas mileage is about 25 mpg at 70-75 mph. I do plan on getting a tuner and deleting the egr function/turning is off and am wondering if this will get rid of the map sensor problem?
dbmcd
• Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Registered on 10/12/2001
• 69 posts
1 Boat
4 Motorcycles
10 Vehicles
Posted:8/30/2014 08:20
If you re-connect the two vacuum lines and unblock the egr, it would fix all of these problems with no noticeable loss of power.
04vicpoliceinterceptor
• phillips, WI, USA
• Registered on 8/4/2014
• 4 posts
Posted:8/30/2014 20:10
I don't want to hook the egr back up... The exhaust place I work at accidentally broke the egr tube so I just did the mod. Looking for a way to fix it for now til i get a programmer
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
04 crown vic PI Map sensor issue after egr mod
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 302
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog