SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Serious Issue PLESE Help!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 417
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
ToolPunk
• Pahrump, NV, USA
• Registered on 9/11/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:9/11/2014 16:37
1995 Ford Crown Victoria LX

All of a sudden my Vic started overheating really bad and I finally found the cause and need to know where I should go.

I found a hole in the manifold right next to the heater core hose.

http://i60.tinypic.com/ob0bh2.jpg

Once the operating temperature rises the hole starts spraying and the vehicle starts to overheat.

Should I JB Weld it? Do I need a new Intake Manifold? What do you think about it?

Any help is great, Thank You.
edited 9/11/2014 16:43
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:9/11/2014 16:45
A temporary fix like JB Weld will get you by temporarily, you need a new intake manifold.
ToolPunk
• Pahrump, NV, USA
• Registered on 9/11/2014
• 2 posts
Posted:9/12/2014 10:22
What do you think would cause something like this?
Wulff
• Mesa, AZ, USA
• Registered on 6/17/2014
• 10 posts
Posted:9/20/2014 23:28
Because it was made out of cheap plastic! I have only had my 2009 P71 a few month but learned Ford changed those I think in 2003 (someone correct me if I have the wrong year) a newer one should fit yours and never have that issue again.
Asltrfl
• Cedar, UT, USA
• Registered on 9/27/2014
• 3 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:10/7/2014 09:03
Your lucky, you have the aluminum manifold. If you drain the coolant a little to get it below the level of the hole, you can then spray some carb clener on and in the hole to degrease it the best you can. You can then use JB weld, make sure you force some inside the hole and let it dry for a whole day. It should hold pretty good for a while, maybe even a very long time. Remember, cleaning the aluminum is key to making it stick, no oil or grease on the aluminum at all.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
Serious Issue PLESE Help!
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 417
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog