1975 SleekCraft Executive
Owner: 69mopar440 
From: Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.        (Other registries in AZ)
Year, Make, & Model: 1975 SleekCraft Executive        (Other SleekCraft Executives)
Avatar:
Nickname: old yellow
Hours:
Engine: !975 Sleekcraft Executive 23'

Purchased: 1997
One of the original Nescher built boats.
Color: Tan with white outline, simulated wood grain on top cap.
Engine: Oldsmoblile 455CID
Drive: Jet/Jacuzzi YJ Axial flow
Interior: Drivers side reverse bucket, Passenger side lounge and rear jump seats, with doghouse style engine cover.
Exhaust: through transom 3" bell tips.
Extras: Bow rail, basic cabin, teak swim platform.
Deleted items: windows.


Modified/ upgraded items as of 2002

Color: Solar yellow
Seats: Refabricated OEM style less the rear jump seats. Open engine bay.
Engine: 1969 Chrysler 440 magnum.
Drive: Built Berkeley 12 JC pump with SS "A" impeller.
Specs: Speed pro 9.5:1 pistons, 440 six pack rods, Clay Smith hyd cam 306 duration/ 525 lift. 1969 mopar "906" heads ported/polished with 2.14" intake and 1.88 exh. Harlan Sharp roller rockers. Edelbrock torker II manifold with Holley 4150 800 hp carb. Modified Moroso race pan with windage tray. Engine mounts by Glenwood marine and Edelbrock log style exhaust. Above water 31/2" stainless tips cut at 45 deg.
Notes: Had the original 455 Olds engine with a Jacuzzi YJ pump. The boat had been sitting for about 3 years in the Arizona heat. The interior was shot, wood was full of dry rot. The engine would not start, so the owner let it go for about $2,800. Since it was already July, and with empty pockets, I put a new carb on it and a new fuel pump and I was off to the lake. After day one the throttle and shifter cable broke and it was back to the home front. Two weeks later it was launch time, so far so good. It ran great all weekend, it was good for about 38 mph with six dudes on board. Next time out the alternator flew apart about eight miles from camp. Luckily we made it back on batter power. The next day the boat had about 50 gallons of water inside, we scooped it out and with a new battery we kicked it till noon. The boat had a nusance leak that would not go away, so I bought (2) 1,000 gph pumps. That took me to about October. I slowly, I mean as a turtle, started to fix old yellow up and to this day it's far from done after a marriage, three kids, two mortgages, you know how it goes. Out went the Jacuzzi pump for a well built Berkeley 12 JC. Since I was into Mopar muscle cars, I had some vintage engines laying around. In went a 75' big block 400. I put in make shift seats and I was in the water again. This lasted for about 5 summers, still no interior. Last summer the engine blew up due to bearing failure. I bought a 87 Sea Ray 26' cabin cruzer, but continued to work on a new engine for old yellow. Now I have a new seat on the drivers side, a rebuilt 69' 440 engine, new bimini top and so forth. Oh, it goes a little faster now, like 58-62 mph.
Last Updated: 2/6/2010
Hits: 7067
Album
Folder Hits Comments Created Updated
folder my documents/my pictures1001,23402/2/102/2/10
folder kodak pictures\2006-01-02\100_1673.jpg5006,09002/6/102/6/10
Newest Media Files
100_1598.JPG
1191 hits | 66.85 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1675.JPG
1258 hits | 70.94 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1676.JPG
1257 hits | 70.97 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1674.JPG
1180 hits | 56 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1673.JPG
1204 hits | 64.28 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

000_0028.JPG
1234 hits | 76.75 KB | Posted: 2/2/10

Most Viewed Files
100_1675.JPG
1258 hits | 70.94 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1676.JPG
1257 hits | 70.97 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

000_0028.JPG
1234 hits | 76.75 KB | Posted: 2/2/10

100_1673.JPG
1204 hits | 64.28 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1598.JPG
1191 hits | 66.85 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

100_1674.JPG
1180 hits | 56 KB | Posted: 2/6/10

Maintenance & Modification Logs
This user hasn't added any log entries, yet.
About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2017 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog