FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Replacing Headlight Bulb on Driver's Side
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 5   |   Total Posts: 13   |   Total Views: 5216
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2
Gen-X
• Toronto, XX, Canada
• Registered on 1/19/2004
• 344 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:2/23/2004 19:28
JohnBoy,

You should be able to add a 6 AMP diode to the SUV harness to keep the low beams on when turning on the high beams. I haven't received my harness yet so I can try it. When I do I'll let you know. Also, how did you get your fogs to stay on with your high beams?

cheers
JohnBoy
• DFW, TX, USA
• Registered on 9/3/2002
• 972 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:2/24/2004 17:03
Haven't done the fogs on with the highs yet...
I understand it's a matter of isolating the fog light circuit from the triggering low beam circuit and grounding it... IIRC ?????

but with the upgraded PIAA headlamps, and PIAA 520's and 9005's in the fogs
if all six lights are on the front of my beast
I rarely use high beams
so the fogs on with highs hasn't been high on the priority list...

2005 6.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer Ex
2003 6.0L 4x4 Limited Ex - traded in (BooHoo)
"The Republicans should back off and let men marry men, women marry women, and legalize abortion. In three generations there would be no Democrats."
shiepo
• carson, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/23/2011
• 75 posts
Posted:7/10/2012 03:56
Quote:
Hello -- I've been 'lurking' for a few weeks. Just purchased a used 03 PSD Limited with 18,000 miles. Love it!!

This is an awesome site -- the expertise here is incredible!!

I have a question for you 'old hands. I installed a SUV Lights kit today -- one harness for each side and had to pull the battery in order to get my chubby little hand in there to pull the bulb out. Is that the only way to do it?

im having a problem with the Replacement Bulb of suv. are you done replacing yours? can you teach me how and how to indtall a new one? thanks!
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Replacing Headlight Bulb on Driver's Side
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 5   |   Total Posts: 13   |   Total Views: 5216
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog