FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
A new Mod on a couple of Ex's I've seen around DFW...
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 6   |   Total Views: 1729
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
JohnBoy
• DFW, TX, USA
• Registered on 9/3/2002
• 972 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:9/18/2006 11:10
Have seen a few Exs around here with what looks like the Range Rover sport "vents" ? at the rear of the front quarter panels like shown here:

http://136.8.154.52/l320/countryselector.html

I actually like the look, and LOGICALLY it seems it would evacuate a lot of air out of the engine omprtment, but wondering about the thermodynamics of it - does it help or hurt (in my case the 6 liter deezle )?

2005 6.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer Ex
2003 6.0L 4x4 Limited Ex - traded in (BooHoo)
"The Republicans should back off and let men marry men, women marry women, and legalize abortion. In three generations there would be no Democrats."
monsta
• The Big Island, HI, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2002
• 1,056 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:9/20/2006 20:58
Not sure how it could affect anything in the engine but would obviously affect the ambient underhood temps.

I take it the guys you see have removed the Excursion badge and cut this hole in its place?

I think side vents are slowly becoming the "rage". Seen the new Escalades yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kiarasue
• Enumclaw, WA, USA
• Registered on 9/27/2005
• 81 posts
Posted:9/21/2006 08:50
I feel you can lower the engine bay temps better, if thats what were trying to do, by the use of a cowel induction hood. This will take the frontal air flow and push the heat out the top. This is a two fold deal. In the winter your wiper blades won't freeze and the windshield stays clearer. I do this on my K'dubs and Petes. We set a 1by on the rubber hood pad's and stap her down.
JohnBoy
• DFW, TX, USA
• Registered on 9/3/2002
• 972 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:9/24/2006 20:06
Yep - right after posting this I saw a few tahoes, escalades, etc... with this....

Not really worried about cooling - in texas, getting more outside air in probably would HEAT UP the engine bay

just thought it was fairly unique on an Ex....

And the placement was ahead of the doors and up higher than the badges, at the highest point of the side panels before it turned to meet the hood....

just wondering bout it...

but now I got a hankerin for a turbo back exhaust...
getting tired of replacing walker btm mufflers, even though they have a lifetime warranty and are replaced free... three in less than a year started rattling and so it's time to move on....

so if you hear of a good deal on an exhaust for an 05 6L Ex 4x4, please leme know

2005 6.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer Ex
2003 6.0L 4x4 Limited Ex - traded in (BooHoo)
"The Republicans should back off and let men marry men, women marry women, and legalize abortion. In three generations there would be no Democrats."
kiarasue
• Enumclaw, WA, USA
• Registered on 9/27/2005
• 81 posts
Posted:9/25/2006 11:11
WOW, I thought it was just me. In the NW it is damp most of the time but not enough take out mufflers. I built an expansion chamber in place of the muffler. A friend of mine that works in a wind tunnel said this will increase the flow. Sounds cool.
caddys83
• Oklahoma City, OK, USA
• Registered on 12/4/2004
• 127 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:10/9/2006 16:10
just when I thought I seen all the mods... this mod came along

--------------------------
I've decided that Xochi was in cahoots with the gas stations to rid me of my bank account. I still and love her.
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
A new Mod on a couple of Ex's I've seen around DFW...
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 6   |   Total Views: 1729
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog