FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Diesel Tuner for 2004 6.0 Ford Excursion
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 18   |   Total Views: 7764
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• Registered on 2/20/2006
• 133 posts
Posted:3/30/2013 23:46
Quote:
aklim,
If you would read Jeff's post, you would see he has a max of $750 to use.

Yes, the Navy & Army have deep pockets, but they are not stupid, they go to the man who peddles more than chips or tunes.

They go to the man who has the best reputation in the diesel world, and designed engines to match the customer's demands. NO ONE ELSE DOES THAT !

You are comparing apples to oranges. Banks systems ARE NOT DESIGNED for anything more than stock applications. You, like too many others on these forums, have the inability to comprehend that, when purchasing your after market items. Banks tells you up front, that their systems are for STOCK APPLICATIONS. So, level II injectors, larger turbos and hotter tunes do not work with their systems. I guess I should blame English teachers for people not understanding the term stock, when referencing to automobiles. Please pass that note on to the other forums you surf.

I have a Banks Big Hoss Bundle, w/ Banks torque converter. I do not peddle items for Banks, but I am 100% satisfied with mine. It is EXACTLY what was looking for. If I want to race my rig, I will no doubt look for bigger injectors, dual turbos, head studs, hotter tunes and the like. BUT PLEASE, focus on Jeff's question, and his left and right limits in terms of wants and finances. It makes these forums more usefull for those seeking a remedy to their problems / questions.

Chris

1 VB, 1 Flash, 1 Exhaust should cover that pretty decently.

I guess you don't read much, do you? How many fiascos in the past about military overpaying? How many reports about the military being asked to buy this, that or the other even when they don't want it? Look at govt waste. I could go on but google can help you better.

Yes, they do say "Win a race on Sunday, sell a car on Monday". Doesn't matter if what you buy won that race or not. And no, he didn't meet my demands of a flexible system hence I didn't buy it which explains why I am not a customer. I don't want to be chained to his system.

So why would I want to buy Banks? By your admission, once I buy, I am limited to his system. A more flexible system allows me to do what Jeff wants AND allows me to go further. I can have the program set up THE WAY I WANT. Or I could just toss money at Banks and does it the Banks way. Why would I go with the former? You can talk STOCK APPLICATIONS all day long. I can take a stock truck and do ONLY the tune (to the way I want). Can Banks do that? I started out with just an exhaust, Valve Body and a single tune to try out Jody's tune.

Again, what makes you talk racing? I have never raced the truck. I modify it as a hobby. The more flexible system allows me to modify it to the level I want. In what way do you think a tune and exhaust and valve body will not fit into his wants and finances?

01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS Air Filter system, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F6 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. Billet thermostat housing
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• 133 posts
Posted:3/30/2013 23:49
MBRP exhaust:$537.34
Flash tune $60
BTS VB $125

Edit: My bad. MBRP was on their website. Ebay price is much lower.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=6216AL&_sacat=0&_from=R40

$408.49

01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS Air Filter system, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F6 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. Billet thermostat housing
edited 3/31/2013 00:06
MountainWestDiesel
• Mountain West, WY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2011
• 95 posts
Posted:3/31/2013 00:14
Once again, I am blaming English teachers here, read his original post. It is a daily driver, & he wants to add some fuel mileage, period! He knows, because I explained it to him, that a chip is not the single answer. Its about intake of air, processing that air, and exhaling that air. That has to happen first. Then, and only then, will a chip/tune upgrade be used to its fullest potential on an already restricted 6.0L PSD.

You choose not to be "tied to a system", I GET THAT ! Me, I wanted a one stop shop, where I didn't have to wonder where the "Jodys" & "Brians" and other shade tree mechanics of the diesel world came from. So, just because you wanted to exercise your right to upgrade to whatever, do not look down upon others for taking a different path. I wanted to upgrade once, and be finished with it. Banks provided that for me, and I have the money to bring it to bear. See, I don't flip burgers on the night shift at Burger King.

I bet your Jody & Brian wish they had the knowledge, reputation and R&D of Banks Power. I have no doubt this is what they are striving for. But everything they are doing, is mearly following in his footsteps, and trying to better what he already designed. Monday morning quarterbacks... I love them too!

I also do not believe Jeff is looking for a tune that will break his transmission. Once again, READ HIS POST. Just think, this could have all been skipped, if you'd have just read and UNDERSTOOD his original post. You could have given him the info on these three parts, and we could have saved LOTS of time.

aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• 133 posts
Posted:3/31/2013 00:27
Quote:
Once again, I am blaming English teachers here, read his original post. It is a daily driver, & he wants to add some fuel mileage, period! He knows, because I explained it to him, that a chip is not the single answer. Its about intake of air, processing that air, and exhaling that air. That has to happen first. Then, and only then, will a chip/tune upgrade be used to its fullest potential on an already restricted 6.0L PSD.

You choose not to be "tied to a system", I GET THAT ! Me, I wanted a one stop shop, where I didn't have to wonder where the "Jodys" & "Brians" and other shade tree mechanics of the diesel world came from. So, just because you wanted to exercise your right to upgrade to whatever, do not look down upon others for taking a different path. I wanted to upgrade once, and be finished with it. Banks provided that for me, and I have the money to bring it to bear. See, I don't flip burgers on the night shift at Burger King.

I bet your Jody & Brian wish they had the knowledge, reputation and R&D of Banks Power. I have no doubt this is what they are striving for. But everything they are doing, is mearly following in his footsteps, and trying to better what he already designed. Monday morning quarterbacks... I love them too!

I also do not believe Jeff is looking for a tune that will break his transmission.

Once again, READ HIS POST. Just think, this could have all been skipped, if you'd have just read and UNDERSTOOD his original post. You could have given him the info on these three parts, and we could have saved LOTS of time.

You talking about reading and English teachers again? Why don't YOU try reading what I wrote before you make wild accusations of stickers and racing among other things. My truck is my daily driver. How do you exhale air without an exhaust? Oh, I mentioned that.

Having money is one thing. Throwing it away is another. Yes, if you want a one stop shop and think that Banks has every answer, you are seriously deluded. Nobody is that good.

I'm not disputing reputation. As I mentioned that you fail to read, just because you win a race with that car on Sunday doesn't mean that the car I buy on Monday is the same. Or does your English teacher need to take back your grade.

Oh, see, when you put it that way, I have no choice but to agree. Everyone else is looking to break their transmission so I assumed that Jeff was trying to break his too. After all we have money to waste. Again, what is the name of your English teacher? Hooked on Phonics? I said the Valve Body gives you a firmer shift not harsh. Nobody but you is talking of racing or breaking transmissions. AFAIK, nobody wants to break that transmission except maybe you. I want my transmission to last longer since I am not so rich that I am wondering how fast I can throw down the toilet.

Didn't YOU suggest a $3000 system then later said it could be bought one at a time? Or did you also not read?

MountainWestDiesel
• Mountain West, WY, USA
• 95 posts
Posted:3/31/2013 00:52
Aklim,
You, and every other Banks Hater brings up stickers, and yes, you brought it up first. So deal with it. There is a Burger King Big Kids meal in it for ya, if ya do.

Yes, when I mean a diesel has to exhale, I mean exhaust. I guess you failed the metaphor class. But I blame your teacher, not you.

Yes, I have the money to purchase a Banks, as well as pay my mechanic to install it. I did not throw the money away. In fact, my mechanic took my rig to his mechainc peers, and showed my rig off to them, to the point he took them all for a ride. They were impressed with the performance upgrade that came with the system. That is all the "kudos" I need to know my system works.

I am not looking to break my transmission, and neither is Jeff. I wanted to strengthen it, so I went with the Banks Torque converter. I have no issues pulling my Harley Rocker thru the mountains of Wyoming. See, I do not want my daily driver to double as a stop light dragster or a county fair sled pull entry.

Yes, I did say you can purchase the system an item at time. Yes, this is doable. This would be a method one uses to buy an entire system (part by part) over a year or two period, depending on ones finances. My bad, I did not specify that in depth. I must do a better job at realizing my audience's education & reading comprehension level next time. I simlpy implied the purchases would be over time. Because let's face it, we love to better our vehicles, and bit by bit, is sometimes more satisfying than all at once. It keeps us wanting more. This we can agree on.

I leave you now... because I have grown tired of you.

edited 3/31/2013 00:56
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• 133 posts
Posted:3/31/2013 01:09
Quote:
Aklim,
You, and every other Banks Hater brings up stickers, and yes, you brought it up first. So deal with it. There is a Burger King Big Kids meal in it for ya, if ya do.

Yes, when I mean a diesel has to exhale, I mean exhaust. I guess you failed the metaphor class. But I blame your teacher, not you.

Yes, I have the money to purchase a Banks, as well as pay my mechanic to install it. I did not throw the money away.

In fact, my mechanic took my rig to his mechainc peers, and showed my rig off to them, to the point he took them all for a ride. They were impressed with the performance upgrade that came with the system. That is all the "kudos" I need to know my system works.

I am not looking to break my transmission, and neither is Jeff. I wanted to strengthen it, so I went with the Banks Torque converter. I have no issues pulling my Harley Rocker thru the mountains of Wyoming. See, I do not want my daily driver to double as a stop light dragster or a county fair sled pull entry.

Yes, I did say you can purchase the system an item at time. Yes, this is doable. This would be a method one uses to buy an entire system (part by part) over a year or two period, depending on ones finances. My bad, I did not specify that in depth. I must do a better job at realizing my audience's education & reading comprehension level next time. I simlpy implied the purchases would be over time. Because let's face it, we love to better our vehicles, and bit by bit, is sometimes more satisfying than all at once. It keeps us wanting more. This we can agree on.

I leave you now... because I have grown tired of you.

That is about all it has going for it that I can see, performance wise. To advertise speed instead of demonstrating speed.

And how much does Banks want for his exhaust or breathing?

Good for you that you can buy it and pay someone to install it. However, when I decide whether money was thrown away, I tend to measure cost vs gain. I'll spend more to ensure that I can grow into it for a long time instead of growing out of it soon.

Wow!. I'm impressed. What did they compare it to? If you had the education you allude to, perhaps you would understand that without something to compare an item to, the comparison is meaningless. As to mechanics, many of them are simply parts replacers so consider the source.

Why? I'd spend $125 to give it more life and call it a day. It would be crazy for me to put a TC into a transmission that wasn't built up for it. And in a used transmission, what do you think happens when it breaks? You'd have to cut apart the TC, clean it, weld back and balance. Wait till the trans breaks then rebuild totally. You don't mate a thoroughbred with the pony you find at the county fair.

As did I mention that it can be done with upgrades in future.

So? WGAS? If you are not speaking into my mike or writing my paycheck why would I care? You aren't my wife and I sign my own check so it;s mind over matter. I don't mind you because you don't matte.

MountainWestDiesel
• Mountain West, WY, USA
• 95 posts
Posted:3/31/2013 01:25
Oh, I almost forgot...

Tell your wife I said THANKS ;)
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• 133 posts
Posted:3/31/2013 08:38
Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot...

Tell your wife I said THANKS ;)

If that is the best you can do, I suppose. Next, I will bring your wife, your mother, etc, etc into the fray but can we skip all of that and get to the point? Oh, that's right, no point. Never mind.

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Diesel Tuner for 2004 6.0 Ford Excursion
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 18   |   Total Views: 7764
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog