Crownvic.net Readers Rides Forums

cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Bank 1 and Bank 2
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 669
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
99HotVicp71
• elgin, TX, USA
• Registered on 4/20/2013
• 5 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/21/2013 08:00
Alright so i recently had to spend big $$ at the stealership to change my IAC and MAF cause what i hadnt realized is the Spectre CAI kit i bought for it was insufficient...... anyways.. i went out and bougt a cone filter adapter and just put the cone back on w/ heat shield......well about 3 weeks now with i on i got a check engine light.... reset he ECU it stayed off for 2 days came on ....went too autozone got the codes. Says Bank 1 and Bank 2 are running lean.....scowered the forums for other people who had the problem, so i cleaned the MAF, IAC, Intake tube, sprayed the EGR (what i could without pulling it off) .. reset the ECU its been 4 days now check light has come on, but i can tell when im stepping on the brake at around 30mph it feels like the car bogs down a little,
Anybody have any thoughts? checked for vaccum leaks from what i can see none....i dont think the O2 sensors are going out both at the same time..
I plan on replacing Fuel Filter, EGR and giving her a tune up......shes at 85750miles
GRIT
• YORK, PA, USA
• Registered on 12/17/2008
• 5 posts
Posted:4/21/2013 16:53
Did you use the Spectre CAI when you put the bigger cone filter on?
99HotVicp71
• elgin, TX, USA
• Registered on 4/20/2013
• 5 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/21/2013 18:11
Yes but the Maf doesnt sit far enough inside the tube, and i had to Jerry rig the vaccum lines, but i used the reducer couplings they provided which caused my IAC to fail cause it wasnt getting enough air.... so i just bought a cone adapter and put on to the stock MAF box and put the cone back on
MesaCVLXS
• Mesa, AZ, USA
• Registered on 12/8/2012
• 13 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:5/6/2013 09:59
You vehicle has 2 fuel pumps, one inside the tank, and a second on the frame rail, on the passenger side of the vehicle, not far from where the fuel filter is. There is also a screen on the fuel pump inside the tank, and a fuel pressure regulator on the engine. I can't tell you which one may be causing the problem, but they need to be tested. I would take it to a competent repair facility, that has the proper diagnostic equipment. Do not let this go. A lean burn condition can damage valves and even pistons. Also, you may have a defective intake manifold, causing a vacuum leak, resulting in higher than normal HC levels, indicating a lean burn condition, which can trip the codes you are pulling from your vehicle's PCM.

If you can't get to a shop right away, at least replace the fuel filter if it's overdue for replacement. Otherwise, do NOT waste by just changing parts. Just get it diagnosed and if need be, you may be able to do the repairs yourself.
cvn Forums > cvn Discussion > General Discussion
Bank 1 and Bank 2
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 669
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog